Mystery (At Least to Me) Penn Wrench

Started by foakes, May 06, 2017, 07:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

While looking through old bins for a wrench for John -- found this Penn wrench.

What does it go to?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mizmo67

I do not have one of those!

Interesting
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Alto Mare

Smaller Spinfisher guys, I believe up to the 710

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

That makes sense, Sal --

Found it in an old box full of 714 & 716 NOS parts from the estate of a reel repair guy from years ago.

Looked at the box once or twice -- but never spotted the mystery wrench.

Thanks, Sal!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Haha..it only happens when you have more than your eyes could handle :).
Just found a couple other interesting ones while I was looking, but I think you've already shown these;

It's neat to see how the lettering has changed along the way.

I do remember about that beefy wrench in the middle, that came from a 9/0 in the lighthouse box. I sold that reel a long time ago, but somehow the wrench didn't make it to the box.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Johnj67

Very cool wrenches. So the square in the middle of the wrench is an adapter of sorts?

mizmo67

Square hole to adapter for the rotor nut, maybe?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

gumpie44

This Reel Wrench Is Hard To Find.  Fits Penn Levelmatic Reels Model 910 Thru 940.  At One Time Keta Had Some Wrenches Cut For The Members That Needed One. None Of The Other Penn Wrenches  Use This Size Handle Nut.  Lots Of Guys Still Use These Reels, So It's A good Thing To Have.
Barry
Barry
Carpe  Diem   The Days Go Fast

CooldadE

I have 3 of these 940 reels and used to have a couple of wrench's. None to be found st this point. Anyone have one they would part with? Or a line on where to pick one up ...
Thanks .

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

harryk3616

the wrench gummpie44 shows, fits the handle nut on the levelmatics.   harryk

foakes

I have a few peanut butter jars full of Penn wrenches.

Will check tomorrow.

Do you need the one that gumpie is showing?

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

George6308

I believe it was included with the 710's as my copy of this wrench came in a plastic bag with both parts of the wrench and a set of Teflon drag washers to lighten the drag setting on the 710 reel along with a small tube of Penn's Spinfisher lube (white tube with blue lettering).
Small hole fits the nut on the end of the bail wire while the die cast socket is for the rotor nut.
Also pictured is both sides of the included instruction sheet.
The large bent whench (3rd from the top) is for the 700, 706, & 704's. It came packed with my first year of production 704.Aluminium side plate with two swooshes and an Aluminium  main gear.

CooldadE

Quote from: foakes on November 12, 2018, 02:27:03 AM
I have a few peanut butter jars full of Penn wrenches.

Will check tomorrow.

Do you need the one that gumpie is showing?

Best,

Fred

Yes Fred... that's the one...

Cool

CooldadE

Quote from: gumpie44 on May 07, 2017, 04:04:22 PM
This Reel Wrench Is Hard To Find.  Fits Penn Levelmatic Reels Model 910 Thru 940.  At One Time Keta Had Some Wrenches Cut For The Members That Needed One. None Of The Other Penn Wrenches  Use This Size Handle Nut.  Lots Of Guys Still Use These Reels, So It's A good Thing To Have.
Barry
I'm still looking for a wrench for my 920,930 and 940 penn reels... anyone out there have one they are willing to part with ??? If so ,here I am...

Thanks

Cool

foakes

Sorry Cool —

Do not think I have that one — If I run across one in the bins — I will let you know.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.