Help Id a penn reel , "Old Penn reel with aftermarket backlash adjustment"

Started by oldmanjoe, May 09, 2017, 06:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

:)    It`s funny to think that a new reel is only 12 - 25 dollars ,but back than the average man`s salary was about 60 dollars a week .
    A person had to save for a couple months to buy his new pride and joy..       Than had to save more to have it hot rodded ...

Where is Sherlock Homes  ,WE need some help to solve the mystery ....
    I guess you can`t back track you`r reel either .    I know my father  picks up rods and reels from yard sales , most are from Snow birds ..      I am still working on him  "Think man think"         I say this jokingly be cause that`s all i herd  growing up...

My best guess is this going to be a shop in New York did the work .    Sadly the people that may know more are not on the internet , you can`t get my father near a computer.    Looks like old school information hunting " Verbal   Communication "        joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Hopefully, with the opening up of this subject -- someone will be able to uncover the story behind the device, Joe --

We have a good network of folks to help in this search.

My plate is full right now --  however I am confident the information will surface.

New information will come to light.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

I found my cratek kit .    What a time saver they are...    Followed up with white buffing compound ..
I might be able to start a fire  with the Florida sun shine !!!!     joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare