Tsi 321 recommendation

Started by Ryan2005, May 12, 2017, 10:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan2005

Hello everyone, I just recently found this site and all the information is awesome. I only fish freshwater and mainly use shimano reels. I have been servicing my reels for several years now with no problems but am looking fo advice on a couple of things. My biggest concern has always been the pinion bearing on what to do after cleaning it. I do not have a bearing packer (although I would love to have one)  currently I have been soaking them in Rocket Fuel liquid grease which seems to work pretty good. What is y'alls opinion of this?  I ordered some tsi321 will this be a better option for the pinion and handle bearing? Rather than the liquid grease.  Also all my reels have ceramic spool bearings which I use hedgehog anf zpi oil on. Will the tsi321 work better or should i use both. Not a fan of running them dry. Definitely plan on using the 321 on the worm gear seems like the best method I've seen to keep the grime out. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated

Ryan2005

I would really like to have a bearing packer especially if I am not servicing my pinion bearings properly. Just not sure how to go about getting one.

foakes

PM Alan, Ryan --

He may be able to help.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sdlehr

Do what Fred said.... I think the bearing packer may again be available....

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Ryan2005

Bryan Young

For fresh water, I would worry about packing the bearings unless you are using heavy Shimano for big cats.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ryan2005

I primarily just use them for bass fishing.

exp2000

Ryan2005

Thanks I will check that out.