May 24 on the Avenger

Started by Big Tim, May 18, 2017, 03:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Going to my safe space now...Alan you will missed greatly.

BT

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Good luck boys! I'm sure I'm gonna be sorry I missed this one.....

I'll be anxious to see who is gonna bring home the trophy for the smallest fish......

Stay safe and Catch'm up gents! (I'll see you all in the fall)

Pj

Bryan Young

Good luck guys. Oxy killed them this past weekend. You guys will do the same.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

OK
Trip report to follow, but we are home safe with big bags of fillets.
BT has the pics as my camera decided to go down at the beginning of the trip.
I am trashed guys so details will have to wait.
Great time!
Best ,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Reely good time with JT my son Mike and his gal Lizzie. The Avenger is 68ft. and wide with tons of space. Capt. Sal and crew worked hard for us all day (will fish that boat again). Not many Lings but boy there were some fat reds.

JT with a couple

Mike & Lizzie ... It was nice to spend the day with the kids.

THE MONEY SHOT  ;D

swill88

Nice!  Looks like a great day on the water!  Thanks!

steve

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on May 25, 2017, 04:35:31 PM

steve

Flat calm all day... When are you going to be fishin again?

Tim

El Pescador

JT!!!!

Freeze your Piscatorial Bounty and let's all enjoy Fish Tacos during the Edison Lake Camping Trip!!!

I'm just saying ;D

Thanks for the Edison Lake Fishing RECON.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on May 25, 2017, 04:38:10 PM

steve

Tim

Sierra's Edison lake in July 18 is the first planned outing. Maybe ready for Moro Bay in late June early July? Still bending and straightening and stretching. ouch! Healing fast. Really like the PT's and RNs coming over. They make it easy to feel pain. :D

Steve

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on May 25, 2017, 06:06:01 PM
Quote from: Big Tim on May 25, 2017, 04:38:10 PM

steve

Tim

Sierra's Edison lake in July 18 is the first planned outing. Maybe ready for Moro Bay in late June early July? Still bending and straightening and stretching. ouch! Healing fast. Really like the PT's and RNs coming over. They make it easy to feel pain. :D

Steve

Glad your'e on the mend Steve. You an Alan were dearly missed. I did my best to drink enough for the 3 of us  :o now off to work to recover.

BT

theswimmer

Simple Ling Recipe

Put Ling fillets on a shallow plate and squeeze 1 or 2 Tangerines just to coat fillets . You do not want the fillets to be submerged just coat on both sides.
Pre heat oven to 400 deg F.
Chop 2-3 cloves of garlic fine.
Mix garlic in a bowl  with Italian bread crumbs. Maybe 4 tbl spoons full.
Coat small oven proof dish with EVO.
Let fillets sit with the Tangerine juice for 6-8 minutes , no longer else they become mushy.
Press fillets into bread crumb mixture on all sides and place in oven dish.
Into the oven for 6 mins ,remove and sprinkle the smallest amount of Roquefort or Gorgonzola cheese on top and return to oven.
6 more minutes or maybe a little more if the fillets are thick.
Remove and enjoy!

The key to this recipe is don't over do the time in the citrus juice  , do not over cook and not to much cheese.
You can use any citrus but I have found the the sweeter ,  the better .
Also the Blue cheese is key for the contrast between Savory and Sweet.

First pic is the finished product and the second is how the fillets should look when you first put them in the oven.
Best ,
Jonathan

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: El Pescador on May 25, 2017, 05:44:18 PM
JT!!!!

Freeze your Piscatorial Bounty and let's all enjoy Fish Tacos during the Edison Lake Camping Trip!!!

I'm just saying ;D

Thanks for the Edison Lake Fishing RECON.

Wayne

Wayne,
Plenty of fish for Tacos and  You are more than welcome on the RECON !
Best,
JT

Errol Flynn

edtani

Hi Tim, I followed the link and didnt see 3/4 day trip on the avenger on May 24th.