2018 Sneak Peak - PENN International VI

Started by Penn, May 19, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuvole

RowdyW

Just back up a little & read page one. You get more information if you read the whole posting.  ;D ;D                  Rudy

Penn

Quote from: Nuvole on May 21, 2017, 05:29:07 AM
Any silver colour version?

They will be sold in both silver and gold.

tony

Craigen

I have a 16VSX.  The new VISX drag has been described as a "pull" system for most models.  Does my 16VSX have a push or a pull drag system?

coastal_dan

So sweet, handle looks fantastic! 

Are you guys updating the single speeds as well?  How about a open top International 12 VI (standard width) with maybe a +/- 4.5:1 ratio?  Ultimate bottom bouncer reel...with dual drag you'd take on Maxel/Jigging Master.  Don't get me wrong I love the new narrow senator, but the prospect of larger drag disks and LD with an all machined aluminum plates/frame would be something else...Maybe drop in the versa-gear option and do a 6.0:1 for the White Marlin Guys...

Just me dreaming... ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Tunanorth

Quote from: coastal_dan on May 30, 2017, 05:14:39 PM

Are you guys updating the single speeds as well?  How about a open top International 12 VI (standard width) with maybe a +/- 4.5:1 ratio?  Ultimate bottom bouncer reel...with dual drag you'd take on Maxel/Jigging Master.  Don't get me wrong I love the new narrow senator, but the prospect of larger drag disks and LD with an all machined aluminum plates/frame would be something else...Maybe drop in the versa-gear option and do a 6.0:1 for the White Marlin Guys...

Just me dreaming... ;D

Yes, there will be single-speeds too [12, 30, 50], all in the VI series [lower drag curve and with a top bar].
The 12VI will be 6.75-1 with a max drag of 15 pounds. The 12VISX will be 5.1-1-1.8-1 with a max drag of 40 pounds.

Nuvole

Quote from: Tunanorth on May 30, 2017, 05:30:31 PM
Quote from: coastal_dan on May 30, 2017, 05:14:39 PM

Just me dreaming... ;D

Yes, there will be single-speeds too [12, 30, 50], all in the VI series [lower drag curve and with a top bar].
The 12VI will be 6.75-1 with a max drag of 15 pounds. The 12VISX will be 5.1-1-1.8-1 with a max drag of 40 pounds.

Wow.... I'm using a 16VSX max drag 28lb and its enough to break my back.

coastal_dan

Thanks Steve - Guess I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for an older 16S with the 4:1 High for my needs, the 5:1 is just a little too quick.  Exciting seeing these new products, thats for sure.  Thanks Penn!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Wicho5981

Is penn introducing a new baitcaster this year ?

Tunanorth

Quote from: Wicho5981 on June 29, 2017, 02:59:59 AM
Is penn introducing a new baitcaster this year ?

Sorry, they will not. Besides the VI's and "lefty" Fathom 2-speeds, the rest of the new items are rods or spinning reels, though the new super high-speed Slammer III spinners [6500 and 8500 size] will be perfect for anybody who like to fish roosterfish in the surf, or many other "popper" oriented applications.
PENN's "sister" company is Abu-Garcia, but I have not checked to see what new baitcasters they may be offering this year.
Are any other board members here going to the ICAST Show in Orlando?

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Tunanorth on May 21, 2017, 01:02:37 AM
VISX's:
12=5.1-1/1.8-1

hi Steve! i have a custom 12vsx and my question is before sending it to Cal for a lower gear ratio; may i use the the 12visx's gears in my 12vsx?

thanks!

never mind! after watching and listening to the video again, i think i cannot use the gears because the VI's are a pull drag system compared to the V's push drag system. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

thanks again!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Penn

Quote from: Potiguar - AKA MeL B on July 26, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: Tunanorth on May 21, 2017, 01:02:37 AM
VISX's:
12=5.1-1/1.8-1

hi Steve! i have a custom 12vsx and my question is before sending it to Cal for a lower gear ratio; may i use the the 12visx's gears in my 12vsx?

thanks!

never mind! after watching and listening to the video again, i think i cannot use the gears because the VI's are a pull drag system compared to the V's push drag system. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

thanks again!

12VSX and 12VISX gears are completely different sizes.  Thanks for the support. 

tony

Tunanorth

Another video featuring Mike Rice talking about the VI series Internationals.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!