alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial 2018 Sneak Peak - PENN International VI
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 16, 2017, 05:05:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Sneak Peak - PENN International VI  (Read 4914 times)
Tightlines666
Sensei

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 09:47:08 PM »

Finally a look inside.  That is a pretty significant set of changes there.  Looks like a lot of good changes.  That clicker looks to have been beefed up, while new AT setup, different drag/cam setup, etc.  Can't wait to see the schematics, and see that first tutorial.  In particular, I am interested in how the 130, and 80 class reels are built.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.
Rothmar2
Sensei

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 03:34:00 AM »

Finally a look inside.  That is a pretty significant set of changes there.  Looks like a lot of good changes.  That clicker looks to have been beefed up, while new AT setup, different drag/cam setup, etc.  Can't wait to see the schematics, and see that first tutorial.  In particular, I am interested in how the 130, and 80 class reels are built.

John

You know John there are a few extra 1%'ers that are not mentioned in this video, which make these even a far better long term proposition. The 80 VISW I got to open up is built as solid as a battleship with the internal componentry, huge shaft/bearings. The anodising is of much better quality than the VS Series. I have pictures I intend to post ASAP. There are a couple of "BUT's" I have however. These are arguably just personal observation/opinion things, which do not detract from the overall quality of these reels.

Will try and get the pix up as soon as I get home in a few days time.
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 07:35:33 AM »

This new, and well-planned Penn International product lineup featuring a full array of newly engineered reels. -- is very impressive...
________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a good, solid recipe...

You take a successful product line well proven over decades --

Keep the best of that product line's capable features --

Add into the mix a completely re-designed and re-engineered arsenal to suit big game anglers --

Incorporating some new features we had only hoped for -- and some we hadn't thought about yet --

Offer it in traditional Gold -- along with every product also offered in the more practical silver, not anodized --

Done...
________________________________________________________________________________________

It seems like the launch of a space shuttle mission would be easier and require less planning and listening -- then this major manufacturing endeavor has obviously required.

Penn has listened to the experts in the angling world -- such as many on our site and other sites, Cal Sheets, and others.

They have sorted the ideas and improvements -- keeping in mind quality, capable function, price, market competition, and durability down the road.

I am grateful to Penn and their people -- for their investment & committment to proven quality.

Thank You!

Best,

Fred
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:37:11 AM by foakes » Logged

"If we are going to jay-walk across Life's highway -- we should find  a road with slow traffic."

"At the Office"
Tunanorth
Webmaster

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 09:54:11 AM »

Link to a discussion at BDO with Basil, regarding line capacity of the 30VISX.
https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/30-visx.671719/
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 02:56:14 PM »

What about us folks that don't do bloodydecks ?? I live in Washington state and the washington BD forum is famous for embracing the nastiest of the nasty people and all the good fishermen know that and stay away from that website. I won't click on anything BD just like lots of folks I know
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:57:43 PM by Maxed Out » Logged

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
conchydong

Pompano Beach, FL

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »

Don't click on to the Washington forum. It's like a TV, watch the channels that you like.
Rancanfish

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2017, 12:31:11 PM »

Yes, BD has some awesome folks.  They are where you find them.

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.
Tunanorth
Webmaster

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »

For PNW albacore news, if you don't like BDO, the linked "Salty Dogs" site is pretty good.
 http://www.ifish.net/board/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: