international vsx

Started by Hodgeman, May 20, 2017, 02:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

Which side plate did you take off? Handle or non-handle. It's easier to reassemble if you do the handle side. The VSX reels that I've done only have two bellevilles. I find it's best to put them into the side plate first and then install the plate on the reel. Make sure the plate is aligned with the proper screw holes. When installing the plate, turn the handle a little if the gears aren't perfectly aligned. Then hold the plate firm with one hand, install the first screw with your other hand.

FatTuna

So I was just looking at the schematic for an International 80VSW that I'm going to do tomorrow. That one has four washers. I know for a fact that a 130VSX only has two though because I serviced a brand new one yesterday. Not sure what reel you have but it looks like it could have come with two or four depending on the model.

Hodgeman

I had the 130 it only has 2 for a fact I had to check schematics I got scared for a minute. but I did finally get it i just had to rotate the side plate counter click wise to make it fit as some one previously stated just more than I thought. a quick review for a 1300$ reel penn missed some very cheap parts/ manufacturing as much as I love a true dog system a rubber/plastic piece to keep the dogs from slapping back into the plate would make them silent and smoother while reeling. and bigger holes/ stronger Springs on the clicker/plate would make it louder just my two cents