Savory Stuffed Pork Loin

Started by ChileRelleno, May 21, 2017, 01:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Pulled that other half of pork loin out of the freezer and let it defrost.
Scratched my head thinking of what to do with it...  Stuff that sucker!
But with what, sweet or savory, "Hey Mom, I'm cooking tonight, sweet or savory?" "Savory!" she replied.
Check the fridge for likely ingredients and hit on a winning combo.

Cherry Smoked, Savory Stuffed Pork Loin

Slathered with a coating of Dijon Mustard
Stuffed with a delicious, savory blend of Sweet Onion, Red/Yellow Bell Peppers, Sun Dried Tomato, fresh Garden Herbs, Feta Cheese and some Garlic
Rubbed with mix of dried herbs and garlic powder

Recipe

Trim fat off loin
Butterfly like a jelly roll and pound flat
Salt well
Coat with Dijon mustard

Mince all veggies and herbs
Sautee Onion, Bell Pepper, Sun Dried Tomato and garlic, let cool
Add 1 egg white, 3/4 C bread crumbs, the minced herbs and the Feta Cheese
Combine well
Spread evenly over loin
Roll loin up tightly and truss well
Season outside of loin

Smoke over Cherry at 300'-325' to an average IT of 150'

Ready for the Smoker

Finished Product

Beautiful Jellyroll Slices

Money Shot
plated with cheesy mashed and caramelized onions

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

steelhead_killer

beautiful presentation.  This is on my to do list.  Thanks!

Andy
><)))">

mo65

Fantastic Chile...love those money shots!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

ChileRelleno

Quote from: steelhead_killer on May 21, 2017, 02:15:57 AM
beautiful presentation.  This is on my to do list.  Thanks!

Andy
Do it to it Andy, really is easy peasy.
Quote from: mo65 on May 21, 2017, 02:18:27 AM
   Fantastic Chile...love those money shots!  8)
Thanks man.
Ragnar Benson:

Tightlines667

Man...
That looks good.  I may have to try your recipe next time I stuff and smoke a loin.  Now that I've done one, I will not hesitate to do another.

Keep these coming.  They are inspiring.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

That looks good John, but then again, all of your other creations do as well  :).

I do pork roasts, but mine are not as exciting as yours. Mine are simple, a little white wine, rosemary, garlic, salt and black pepper.

I will definitely be trying this one!

Thanks!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Another great looking dish. You sure get your money's worth from your smoker. I need to use mine more often on meats. I usually just smoke fish and the occasional rack of ribs.

Keep 'em coming.

Scott

STRIPER LOU

Chile, restaurant quality and then some!  Matter of fact we're having pig tonight. Stop & Shop had picnic roast for .87/lb.

Now I'm psyched. Great work as usual and presentation is top shelf!

...............Lou

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 21, 2017, 09:26:39 AM
Man...
That looks good.  I may have to try your recipe next time I stuff and smoke a loin.  Now that I've done one, I will not hesitate to do another.

Keep these coming.  They are inspiring.

John
Thanks John, I'll for sure keep'em coming.
Quote from: Alto Mare on May 21, 2017, 11:27:52 AM
That looks good John, but then again, all of your other creations do as well  :).

I do pork roasts, but mine are not as exciting as yours. Mine are simple, a little white wine, rosemary, garlic, salt and black pepper.

I will definitely be trying this one!

Thanks!

Sal

Thanks Sal, appreciate the compliment.
My last one wasn't much different from yours, except no wine, more herbs and smoked.
Quote from: conchydong on May 21, 2017, 01:00:11 PM
Another great looking dish. You sure get your money's worth from your smoker. I need to use mine more often on meats. I usually just smoke fish and the occasional rack of ribs.

Keep 'em coming.

Scott
Thanks Scott, yeah, I definitely give my smoker/grill regular work assignments.
For sure to keep the food pRon coming...  Man's gotta eat.
Quote from: STRIPER LOU on May 21, 2017, 05:03:28 PM
Chile, restaurant quality and then some!  Matter of fact we're having pig tonight. Stop & Shop had picnic roast for .87/lb.

Now I'm psyched. Great work as usual and presentation is top shelf!

...............Lou
Thanks Lou, you're too kind with the evaluation of my cooking/pictures.
I'm sure that Picnic Roast will come out excellent if you simply give it the time to cook thoroughly, let all those fats/collagens break down into moist flavorful goodness.
Ragnar Benson:

bhale1

Chile,
Wow that looks awesome!  Something about slow cooked ,smoked meat, that just makes your mouth water😁
You keep inspiring me! Time to drag out the smoker again, and give it a go! Looks delicious!
Brett

bhale1

Okay Chile,
It's Friday..before Memorial Day weekend....when does the tease start about your next smoking adventure?
I'm just trying to prepare myself for the assault on my taste buds....still haven't figured out how to install a "smell-o-vision" app on my computer.....probably a good thing ;D
Brett

ChileRelleno

Quote from: bhale1 on May 22, 2017, 12:07:14 AM
Chile,
Wow that looks awesome!  Something about slow cooked ,smoked meat, that just makes your mouth water😁
You keep inspiring me! Time to drag out the smoker again, and give it a go! Looks delicious!
Brett
Thanks bhal1,
definitely pull that smoker out and fire it up.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: bhale1 on May 26, 2017, 03:06:25 PM
Okay Chile,
It's Friday..before Memorial Day weekend....when does the tease start about your next smoking adventure?
I'm just trying to prepare myself for the assault on my taste buds....still haven't figured out how to install a "smell-o-vision" app on my computer.....probably a good thing ;D
Brett
Awwww man,
I'm gonna have to take a break from the smoker as I'm in PA on vacation.  So not this weekend or next.... Man I'm gonna be having withdrawals.  LOL!
But I am cooking while I'm up here, a repeat tomorrow of this Stuffed Pork Loin for family and neighbors.
Then grilling burgers/dogs Memorial Day for more family.

In between I'm chasing trout in the river in front of this cabin.... Report incoming soon.
Ragnar Benson: