lube to put on felt drag ŵasher.

Started by ScottOz, May 21, 2017, 11:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottOz

What type of lube to put on felt drag washer in medium sized Shimano spin reel.Reel is a old Triton speed master tss-4.Thanks Scott.

Donnyboat

if your going to fiddle with drags, may as well put carbon fibre washers in, they will last for years, cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tiddlerbasher

I'm with Don - greased carbon fibre washers. Smoother and last for ages :)

alantani

x3. let me know if you need a washer.  measure it out.  the outside diameter is most important.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ScottOz

Thanks guys.I only run 20lb line on this reel and have been happy with the drag performance thus far.If I can fix a bail roller issue that I have been working on I will take you up on that offer Boss.Generous as always.No doubt cf would be better.Roller issue is in the spin section under Shimano.Wish I found this sight years ago so I would have been better at maintenance.Better late then never.Cheers

Donnyboat

Scotty, if you ever want to clean the inside of a roller out, or a bushing, get a slightly smaller drill bit and rap fine steel wool around it, give it a spin or two, then lube it, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

ScottOz

Keta

I am surprised Shimano still sells the older drag washer materials, change them out for Carbontex and you will be happy with the results.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ScottOz

Hey Keta, it was the bail roller I got from Shimano.Alan is getting a set of cf washers for me.Yesterday was my lucky day.

alantani

i hand cut a set to fit.  send me a pm with your address and i will mail them out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!