need help ordering duel parts

Started by alantani, May 21, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ok, here's the reel.  it's a massive duel 12/0 and the high speed pinion gear is shot.  there was also an allen head machine screw that was already rounded off that i tried to remove and just broke off.  then i was able to use a large "gator grip" and removed the handle nut in one piece, which is something i should have done to begin with.  anyway, does anyone know the guy that used to have duel parts here in the us?  or know what happened to that inventory?  or can anyone that speaks italian connect up with the company and get us a high speed pinion gear, the allen head screw, and maybe even the handle nut?  been sort of swamped with "other" things lately.  could use a little help with this one.  i already send a message to duel and i am waiting to hear back, but i am not hopeful.  here is the reel. 

here is the shredded high speed pinion gear.  i'm guessing that it is pressed on to the drive shaft, maybe even "keyed."

the main gear looks perfect!

here is the handle nut that i unnecessarily drilled out. 

i can probably get a stainless steel machine screw to fit.  muscling out what is left of the screw should be no problem!  it might be best to get replacements anyway.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Robert Janssen

Quote from: alantani on May 21, 2017, 05:56:02 PM
... can anyone that speaks italian connect up with the company ...  i already send a message to duel and i am waiting to hear back, but i am not hopeful. 

His name is Roberto. He writes english well enough. Today is Sunday, so you won't get an answer today, but soon enough I should think. I don't remember the american guy right now; maybe it will come to me.*

*mmmmwait... jim?

Bryan Young

Hi Alan.

I'm getting 2 more Duals in for servicing. Can you wait a week so I can see if I need parts?  We can order parts together because the minimum shipping charge is $25 for fedex international, and I might need parts too.

You may email them at antal@antal.it

They understand English very well.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

I have dealt with Chris Martel, and Keith Wickman on obtaining Everol parts here in the US.

I remember asking Chris for help getting parts for a Duel, and he was unable to help.. so thats not much help.  

I think someone here (likely Dr. Janssen?) put me in touch with a guy via phone that helped me immediately.   I don't have his info in an email string, and am having trouble locating the original PM.  

Edit.. I can't find it cause it doesn't exist

Jim sounds familar?

Check with JDL treasures, they gave a bunch of Duel parts and will likely be your best bet

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18865.0

Seeing as how both myself and mr. Janssen are unable to locate the contact info on the US Duel parts guy at the moment.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mikeysm

Alan all the parts you need are on ebay. I just looked.

Mike

alantani

seriously??!!   i'll take a look!!!!!!  thanks!!!!! ;D

alantani

found it!  wow!  $99.95 for a pinion gear set!   it's jdl treasures.  i'll keep it as a back up.  bryan, i'll wait until you get your list together and then we'll see about ordering all at once. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DUEL-BIG-GAME-REEL-PART-12-0-108-12-0-110-Two-Speed-12-0-Gear-B-Gear-D-/302039557531?hash=item4652f5e59b:g:F9YAAOSw65FXrOJf

mikeysm

That was to easy Alan. But ouch for the price. The whole reel sells for under 500.00 dollars.

Mike

alantani

i took a look back a while.  i thought it was closer to $2500!

mikeysm

Your right about $1800.00 to $1900.00 dollars. The smallest model is around $500.00.

Mike

alantani

thanks!  that would work better!  now to just find a machine screw!

Tiddlerbasher

Italian reels generally use standard metric thread screws.

Bryan Young

Alan, if you can find parts easy enough from eBay, go for it. Don't wait for me.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i ordered the gear already.  it should be here on friday!  thanks, all!!!!!