need help ordering duel parts

Started by alantani, May 21, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

it's been 2 months.  unfortunately, jdl treasures did not work out.   got the wrong parts. can anyone talk to duel in italy for me? i would really appreciate it.  the reel has been sitting here too long. any help would really be appreciated.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

if possible, i would like to order the large and small pinion gears with the spool shaft already attached.   i'm not sure how to separate them.

Bryan Young

I know there is a pin that holds them together but I'm not sure how to get the pin out because it's not a through hole.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Robert Janssen

Hmm, sorry to hear that. JDL still has parts. I'm not sure how they are pinned either.

The guy at Antal (=Duel) is/was Roberto, who usually responded quickly and easily to emails. I first came across him over twenty  years ago; maybe he has retired or moved on by now.

Anyway, i am under the impression you need part 108, so-called Gear B:

Robert Janssen

...or just Gear B by itself, if you can figure out the pin bit. (i still don't understand why there is a spring on it in the picture) That whole assembly looks like it just slips onto the spool shaft.

alantani

yeah, these were the wrong size.  the low speed pinion gear (110) is also damaged.  i think the gears shown are intended for the gold reels.  i'm working on one that is anodized brown. perhaps i'll have to send the gears to jdl treasures and see if they can match something up.  

anyone have a phone number for jdl treasures? 

RowdyW

Shark Hunter

Duel is still making reels, but I don't have any because of this problem with parts.
Italian reels are of fine quality.
If it was an Everol, it would be no problem getting parts.
But, I haven't heard of Everol's ever having gear problems,
or any other that doesn't feature neglect. ;)
Its Awesome to see you back at it Alan.
I wish I could be more help with this reel, but I don't know anything about them, except the two speed is automatic.
Daron

Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

There we go. I made a few pinions, differing a few hundredths mm in order ascertain a perfect fit. That last one is absolutely spot-on. Should purr like a kitten. I used stainless steel. I will finish the assembly later today and poke it in the mail later. You should have it all together soon enough, Alan.

Gfish

For future reference, JDL Treasures will sometimes take offers. I've had them sell me parts at 1/2 their asking price after I counter-offered. Must be some kinda business model for 'em to start out with high price offers.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Well Alan, looks like Robert has you fixed, good thing someone, set up this forum, ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

thanks, doc!  let me know how much i owe you!!!!   ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

Rivverrat

Ive wanted one of these reels for a long time. I have to say this scenario has dampened the desire a bit... Jeff