Anybody recognize this?

Started by JRD, May 21, 2017, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

There are no makers marks, only mark is a "250" on the reel foot.  Hard rubber plates, one button for clicker and one for the metal spool brake.  There are spool tensioners on both plates.  

sdlehr

No, but if it is cheap enough it looks like it could be a fun restoration project.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Benni3

Tightlines667

Looks a little like a Pennel or Montague.. just guessing.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

BryanC

Looks like a Montague to me.

JRD

Quote from: sdlehr on May 22, 2017, 01:04:47 AM
No, but if it is cheap enough it looks like it could be a fun restoration project.

Sid

I got this one and a nice 155 with aluminum spool for $10 so I guess it's cheap enough.  😀

JRD

Thanks for pointing a direction.  It looks like pictures of a Montague just haven't found a picture with the clicker and spool brake knobs.  No idea what it's worth but it looked cool so I may clean it up and try fishing it just to try.

oc1

I have a small unmarked 80 yd baitcasting reel with the same clicker spring and clicker spring mounting, same casting drag, same clicker and casting drag buttons on the tail plate, same hard rubber plates, etc.  Mine also looks very similar to a reel discussed here:
http://reeltalk.orcaonline.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20051&p=90949&hilit=ivoroid#p90949
... and the consensus was Montague over there as well.
-steve

BryanC

Alto Mare

Don't have a pic of this particular reel, but It does look like a Montague Pennell, early 1900. There are about 5 dozen listed on book, most at around $30-$40.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.