issue with new progear v30

Started by maxpowers, May 21, 2017, 10:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpowers

my progear v30 took a dump last night while i was fishing twilight.  I had a backlash and while trying to tease it out the reel would not go into gear.  now matter what I tried nothing worked.  had to manually wound the line back onto the reel.  Got home and took it apart and realized the reason it did not go in gear was because the bearing pin had slipped to one side.  apparently the pin mated with the pinion gear so when the reel is in free spool the spool disengage from the pinion gear thus giving it that incredible free spool.  I am not sure if this was because i unshielded the bearings and lessened the width of the bearing.  this would suck if i had a fish on last night while this happened.

alantani

the width of the bearing is determined by the inside and outside races.  the shields are not a factor. so the pin was too loose? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

maxpowers

Yes the pin slid to one side.  Once I centered the pin then it was fine.

MarkT

Were you able to do something to lock it in place? You bringing it next weekend!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

maxpowers

Yes mark I'll bring the v30 and v42 this weekend.

MarkT

At this point I think I'm bringing a Penn 525 Mag w/20#, an Accurate DX2-400 w/30#, Fathom 25nld2 w/40#, Avet HX Raptor w/60# (flat falls), Accurate BV-300 w/40# (butterfly jigs) and a Shimano TranX 500hg w/50# (surface iron).
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

maxpowers

i am bringing the progear v30 and v42.  omoto triple, talica 16II, metaloid 5NII, and my lexa 400.  I am still debating about bringing a heavy 80 lbs outfit.

maxpowers

just a follow up.  It happened again last night.  I am not sure how to keep the pin from sliding back and forth on the gearr and not catching the pinion gear.  Any sugestion?

David Hall

mrwilson99

Send it back to Pro Gear, they will take care of it.

David

Rancanfish

I'm curious what ever happened with the V30?  Simple fix?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.