8000 Baitrunner Handle Problem

Started by swoffer, May 23, 2017, 11:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swoffer

Hi all

Got a little issue im hoping someone has a magic bullet for .

I've got an 8000 Baitrunner on the bench that is all good now except for the handle knob . Its one of the pressed on non serviceable jobs that is very tight . It spins but with a deal of effort . I've had it soaking in Innox for a couple of days but it is not freeing up . Any ideas before I tell the owner its a new handle job ?

Cheers AL

handi2

Quote from: swoffer on May 23, 2017, 11:57:45 AM
Hi all

Got a little issue im hoping someone has a magic bullet for .

I've got an 8000 Baitrunner on the bench that is all good now except for the handle knob . Its one of the pressed on non serviceable jobs that is very tight . It spins but with a deal of effort . I've had it soaking in Innox for a couple of days but it is not freeing up . Any ideas before I tell the owner its a new handle job ?

Cheers AL

I have heated the chromed outer with a tiny torch and got them to free up.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

lining this up straight is critical, but there was one handle that i had to save, so i made a "jig" out of clothes hanger wire that i could chuck into a variable speed drill, then lubed it up and just spun for a half hour.  that actually worked!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

boon

Quote from: alantani on May 23, 2017, 04:07:40 PM
lining this up straight is critical, but there was one handle that i had to save, so i made a "jig" out of clothes hanger wire that i could chuck into a variable speed drill, then lubed it up and just spun for a half hour.  that actually worked!

Alan giving up the trade secrets :)

Which model Baitrunner, out of interest?
If it's the 8000 OC then the 8000D handle fits right in and is a really nice upgrade for them, just something to consider, the "egg" handle is much nicer than the plastic paddle.

handi2

Fishncomfort on ebay has a replacement handle with knob of your choice that will fit the reel. Its a big improvement over the stock handle and arm.
Gulf Breeze, FL

swoffer

Quote from: handi2 on May 23, 2017, 11:35:18 PM
Fishncomfort on ebay has a replacement handle with knob of your choice that will fit the reel. Its a big improvement over the stock handle and arm.

Hmm , tried to search that name on ebay, not hits .
QuotePosted by: alantani
Insert Quote
lining this up straight is critical, but there was one handle that i had to save, so i made a "jig" out of clothes hanger wire that i could chuck into a variable speed drill, then lubed it up and just spun for a half hour.  that actually worked!

Tried the power drill thing , the knob shaft started to get hot so I stopped .                                                                                                                                               
QuoteWhich model Baitrunner, out of interest?
If it's the 8000 OC then the 8000D

Its an 8000 D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

Try Reel Power Handles. Same person.
Gulf Breeze, FL