Fish pictures anyone?

Started by gstours, May 23, 2017, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

....and something slightly smaller but still a beautiful specimen, IMHO.

A little Pumpkinseed sunfish. Caught on a nymph fly.

Steve-O

And I fished Saturday! Here's some blue sky, Utah sunshine for ya , Gary.

One of my favorite target species.

Steve-O

A Black Rockfish print. Caught off the coast of Prince of Wales. Got a few prints pulled before filleting it. Yum!

twotone

(Fishgrain) Fishing with friends for tuna ,sailfish and dorado!

And one black bass.
twotone

Shark Hunter

Come on Guys and Gals. Keep them coming!
This was a Great Idea Gary. ;)
I don't even know who this guy is, but I posted this pic for him somewhere on here. ::)
Life is Good!

fsrmn

Steve O's sturgeon looks a lot like an alligator gar to me ::)
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

A fun day turning the handle for a great crew on a great boat.  I am not a religious guy, but there is something magical about the Kona side, sheltered by those enormous volcanos and haunted by the ghosts of King Kamehameha and Captain Cook and all of those granders that almost makes me a believer every time that I spend a day on the water there.

Shark Hunter

Holy Cow! Randy :o
You are the Man! ;)
My Very first Shark four year ago.
I thought it was a blacktip, but now I know it was a spinner shark.
He also swam off strong. That is how I like to do it.
60 Seconds is my time limit for a shark on the sand after tail roping, dehooking and a quick pic.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 24, 2017, 06:06:51 AM
A fun day turning the handle for a great crew on a great boat.  I am not a religious guy, but there is something magical about the Kona side, sheltered by those enormous volcanos and haunted by the ghosts of King Kamehameha and Captain Cook and all of those granders that almost makes me a believer every time that I spend a day on the water there.

Nice work!

Looks like a good day.  Makes for a pretty picture at the dock.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Cor

Vintage Offshore Tackle, love those Dorado, I still want to get a plug to those one day.    We occasionally see them in our waters but has not happened to me yet.
Cornelis

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 24, 2017, 06:12:58 AM
You are the Man! ;)
60 Seconds is my time limit for a shark on the sand after tail roping, dehooking and a quick pic.

You are a very brave man to unhook and release those sharks Daron!  I still have a scar on my hand from of unhooking a baby mako.  Ineptitude and carelessness are a bad combination.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 24, 2017, 06:15:11 AM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 24, 2017, 06:06:51 AM

Nice work!

Looks like a good day.  Makes for a pretty picture at the dock.

John

Thanks John.  We found a big floating log on our way back in and turned 15 opelu into 15 mahi, slow trolling in circles around the log.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Cor on May 24, 2017, 06:17:49 AM
Vintage Offshore Tackle, love those Dorado, I still want to get a plug to those one day.    We occasionally see them in our waters but has not happened to me yet.

With all of the great fishing that you have for yellowfin, albacore, bigeye, black marlin and yellowtail, you probably don't have much time to miss the dorado.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 24, 2017, 06:24:09 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 24, 2017, 06:12:58 AM
You are the Man! ;)

You are a very brave man to unhook and release those sharks Daron!  I still have a scar on my hand from of unhooking a baby mako.  Ineptitude and carelessness are a bad combination.
You have to keep your wits Randy. I am more scared of the smaller ones when trying to release them.
You can't anticipate their moves when they are small.
That spinner was probably 100 lbs, when he came on the sand, he thrashed Violently.
Literally shaking the ground. He was coming off the sand at least two feet in his shaking frenzy. He looked like a pissed off Dolphin. I just waited until he was done and went to work.
He behaved after I pulled that 20/0 hook out of his Jaw Bone.
Right tools for the job will keep you away from those teeth.
That is my Dehooker in my left hand. Made of solid stainless, about 18" long.

Life is Good!

oc1