Fish pictures anyone?

Started by gstours, May 23, 2017, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

550lb bluefin today.

STRIPER LOU

Sweet!!! Nice work and a great day's pay. Well done.

.........................Lou

alantani

$15 to $20 a pound on wicked tuna (been watching alot of tv lately).  what's the back story?   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wailua boy

Yellow Spot Papio

FatTuna

Quote from: alantani on September 02, 2017, 10:41:53 PM
$15 to $20 a pound on wicked tuna (been watching alot of tv lately).  what's the back story?   ;D

I'd be really happy with $10. Might only get half of that. The fish might sell for $15 but after fees and shipping costs you get less. I've heard horror stories of guys who have shipped fish to Japan and actually ended up with a bill because the meat was tainted!

oc1

Nice fish.

My wife buys her ahi from a guy that parks his truck alongside the road with a cooler of cut and wrapped fish and a hand painted sign.  He will only there the day after catching one so he's sort of a road-side fishing report too.
-steve

LUCC

Not too many days like this one from NJ anymore, the regs for fluke are horrible now! 3 guys limited out, largest was 10lbs, plenty in the 5-7lb range.

gstours

Fluke seem like a flounder or halibut to me.  How do you fish them?  a live bait?  or cut pcs ?  on the bottom ?   From shore and retrieving slowly or just sitting likr catfish?   Just wondered??   Are they seasonal?   or just the regs?     ???