Garcia Ultra Mag XL VI parts

Started by oldieslover, May 24, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldieslover

Does anyone know where to find parts for these reels? I have several that I use for shark fishing. I broke the plastic pawl holder while trying to remove it. Part # 975551   On the Garcia website they will give a part not found fault. The model number is 84-1. 
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Indyfisher

Parts for these are super hard to find and pretty rare. Keep looking on eBay or post on the want to buy board see if someone has a parts reel laying around. Good luck. If all else fails find some good epoxy and try to fix it yourself. If it clips back in it should hold the pawl.

Gfish

I've got the V(roman numeral) model, no luck with parts yet. Only V&IV I've seen were new ones from "flea-bay", for $600! still in box...

Mine I really like, and's not a parts reel yet. Most interesting and innovative level-wind system I've ever seen.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Indyfisher

Quote from: Gfish on June 24, 2017, 07:15:23 AM
I've got the V(roman numeral) model, no luck with parts yet. Only V&IV I've seen were new ones from "flea-bay", for $600! still in box...

Mine I really like, and's not a parts reel yet. Most interesting and innovative level-wind system I've ever seen.
Gfish
Take care of that reel. The V and VI are nearly impossible to get parts for, I checked about 30 different parts distributors and found absolutely nothing for them.

Indyfisher

There's one on eBay now for parts or repair, don't know if it's a V or VI but that's the only thing I've seen as far as parts condition or to be able to obtain parts period.