money, odds and ends, and leftovers

Started by alantani, May 24, 2017, 06:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

here's where we are for money totals.  there are 25 guys that are paid for. we still have room for one more.  at $1700 each comes out to $42,500.  one check was written to annemarie for $34,550 for the boat ride and another for $5200 (15% of the charge for the boat ride) for the crew tip.  i still have $2750 left over ($110 per person) that will cover all of the mexican license for cedros or part of the surcharge for guadalupe.  i will give that to bryan or ed to bring down on the trip. 

the drive down - take a look at the list and see if there is anyone that you can buddy up with

hotel accomodations on june 12th - if you have not done so already, the vagabond on scott street in san diego still has rooms available.  their number is 619-224-3371.  if you book on line, you might be able to use some of the discount codes.  there is a AAA discount as well. 

dinner on the evening of the 12th - it will be the usual, miguel's cocina at 6pm.  happy hour goes from 2 to 6pm, but i imagine that you'll all be well enough lubricated in the vagabond parking lot. i reserved a table for 12.  they are aware that the number could vary.  the reservation is under my name, so please don't trash the place too bad!   ;D

the boat loads at 9am on the morning of the 13th.  plan on being there at least by 8am.  cabins and rod storage are pre-assigned. 

fishing is still up in the air.  guadalupe is not confirmed, cedros is not confirmed.  you now, if everyone could board the boat 2 days early on sunday, mike and annemarie would probably take you to alijos or the ridge for no extra charge.  that would be a 7 day trip for the price of a five day trip, but we have too many guys flying in.

five star will still do the processing for us.  they will pick up your fish at 6am on the dock.  you guys never have to mess with the fish at all.  go have breakfast, then pick up your fish and you're done! 

more stuff to come!  stay tuned.  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

R46chevy

And who wants to change there flights?

MarkT

Wow, I could sure be there a couple of days early!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

I probably have the longest flight to SD. But if we're not going to do the Lupe, I'll gladly change all my plans and leave 2 days early for a shot at Alijos. That's always been on my "bucket list". I'll even settle for the Ridge. Cedros was great in '15, just average in '16. I'm hoping for a change in scenery.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

ldoret94

Bryan Young

I could possibly leave earlier as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Porthos

Would probably be able to leave early as well...

alantani

the office is obviously worried because cedros might be closed and guadalupe could be a bust.  7 days would give you a three day shot at alijos and or the ridge.    obviously, everyone would have to be on board, and, to be fair, we would have to help out those guys that had to change flights by covering some of the costs.  i hesitated to even bring it up, because it would be a logistical nightmare.  still, i can go back and ask. 

alantani

also, mike and annemarie would certainly have to cover the cost of the crew, extra fuel and provisions, so there would have to be some extra cost.  it's really crazy to try to change things this late.  i can check if you wish.  am i hearing a yes? 

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on May 25, 2017, 05:26:23 AM
also, mike and annemarie would certainly have to cover the cost of the crew, extra fuel and provisions, so there would have to be some extra cost.  it's really crazy to try to change things this late.  i can check if you wish.  am i hearing a yes? 
An emphatic YES from me. And I'll cover the cost of any ticket changes/charges I incur. Alan, you WILL have to cover my liver damage expenses from 2 more days of drinking with Ed. And they don't need extra food. Just cutting the meal sizes in half would suit my waistline just fine. And the only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire!
But if the 7 day doesn't happen, I'm still coming on the 12th.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Jim Fujitani

I commend you Alan, if you can pull this off!!  A seven-day for the price of a 5-day plus some incidentals!

Good luck to all!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ldoret94

7 days would have been a huge bonus, but 5 days is what I originally planned for and I'm still super excited and really looking forward to meeting and learning from everyone.

Pete

SoCalAngler

It's funny how things change.

Alan didn't you say this in Alia's thread when I said the rocks were a option on a 7 day trip?

"alijos on a 7 day is just brutal.  so much run time and so little fishing.  worst case scenario, cedros is closed, you don't have a guadalupe permit, bluefin on the way up and back have lockjaw, and the water at alijos is upside down at the rocks.  this san diego stuff is getting really tough.  Undecided

I understand it is kind of tough when you chartermaster a trip.

alantani

i did indeed!  been there, too!  if memory serves, on one trip, we spend the first two hard days on the old qualifier 105, running flat out to alijos, only to find the water cold and lifeless.  we left after one hour.  we struggled at the ridge and ended up catching most of our fish at cedros.  it was a very tough 10 day trip. 

everything for this trip is up in the air.  cedros is not guaranteed.  guadalupe is not guaranteed.  open water blue fin is not guaranteed.  what to do on a 5 day?  and even on a 7 day, if you don't have a reliable report, do you run two days to the ridge or go for broke and go to alijos?  maybe it's like driving a 4wd vehicle - you just get farther out before you get stuck!

well, these guys will do well!  i have alot of confidence in mike keating.  if there are fish out there to be found, mike will find them!