money, odds and ends, and leftovers

Started by alantani, May 24, 2017, 06:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I'm sure you guys will do well what ever happens. From what I understand the seiners are not chasing the BFT for the tuna pens anymore. This may give the fish a break to get into a more biting mode. Also some of the spotter planes have seen big schools of what looks like chovies with with BFT feeding on them. So it way go WFO for your trip.

I wish you all the best.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

edtani

Alan, sorry you've been posting all this info here and I didnt know it.  We have Wes with us so fishing will be good where ever we go.

DCH

It's ok Ed, we'll be in good shape all the way around.  We have a rotating schedule set up between reliable individuals to assure you get through the day, are fed regularly and with enough drink to keep you mobile......tending a rod and reel is optional.   

MarkT

Right now I'm taking 20-30-40-50-60-80 plus 40 & 50 jig sticks. Extra reels for 30-40-50.
Recent fishing reports show slow fishing.  This is very early season for Guadalupe with colder water temperatures and few fish.  Hopefully, the YT will be willing and able even if the YFT are hard to come by. Fishing for YT on dropper loop and yoyo iron and YFT on the long soak... like the old days.  I'm assuming 40-50# for bait (maybe even 30#) and 50-60# for yoyo and 80# for dropper loop. Jackpot for the Shogun over Memorial day was a 100# yft on 50#. There were few tuna caught and lots of sealions and sharks.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!