Wooden reels and other fishing related pictures

Started by oldmanjoe, May 25, 2017, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

One of my other hobbies  wood butcher  joe  
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

STRIPER LOU

Very cool Joe! Thanks for sharing.

.............Lou

sdlehr

Wow, Joe! You got some serious talents! And a lathe! Quite cool!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

oldmanjoe

A couple more .    These are too small for my hands , so when i catch kids with "beer can reel " i hand these out..
   ??? first picture came up side down ,but click on it and it comes out rite????
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oldmanjoe

Found a couple more . They should be stable enough to finish "knobs and reel foot"   joe

swill88

Those are really really nice Joe.

What kind of woods are we looking at?

Steve

oldmanjoe

Native Florida scrub oak ..   Fire wood .     The journey from the wool pile to the fire place " That one log that says let me out  "   ::)    joe

oldmanjoe

::)  Tree branches 

nelz

Haha, pretty cool, I love things made of wood and left with the natural finish. Now you know I believe I saw one of these on the Flintstones!

Tiddlerbasher

Luv em! Nice work Joe. Is some of that scrub oak spalted (it sure looks like it)?

Alto Mare

Hello Joe, I love your hobby. Thanks for sharing your treasures with us, those look very nice.

I believe this one is well worthy of a wrench from the boss.  :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on May 26, 2017, 09:28:38 AM
Luv em! Nice work Joe. Is some of that scrub oak spalted (it sure looks like it)?
A lot of spalted oak and a lot of bugs tracks...      Another example wooden boxes..  joe

oldmanjoe

A couple of nets that i made including tying the nets .   joe

PERRO

Thanks for sharing .. VERY NICE !!

Swami805

That's some fine work,very nice
Do what you can with that you have where you are