Video Fishing Vintage Reels

Started by mo65, May 26, 2017, 01:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Early springtime fishing finds us using the ultalights for trout and panfish. If you pay close attention in this video you'll see a variety of cool old combos being used. There's a Mitchell 308 rebuilt by Fred, a Penn 720z rebuilt by yours truly, and an old Daiwa Prolite PL100 sporting new bearings and carbontex drags.  8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

bhale1

Mo,
Looks like you and Tank picked a good day to go fishing. Nice weather, and multiple species!
Nice crappie BTW.....
Not that "any" day fishing isn't good!!
Brett

alantani

looked like alot of fun!!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

sdlehr

Looked like a lot of fun, I'm jealous you get out so much more often than I do. BTW, I think it was the third fish - the big crappie - I thought it was a bass until you picked it up. Nice fish!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

STRIPER LOU

Tightlines667

Good video.  Couple of nice slabs in there.  Always miss the spring crappie bite.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mo65

Thanks Sid, Lou, and John. Making videos is such a challenge. It would be easier if ya could just let the camera roll the whole time...but in the real world...that would require hours of editing. Not to mention a sack full of batteries. The solution is to turn the camera on when a fish bites. This works out fine most times...then there's those times it doesn't...like when I was horking a sammich and Marv hooked this nice bass. This happened the same day as that big crappie, but all I got was this still shot, and mustard on my shirt!  :D  Nice bass anyways Marv!  8)

Bryan Young

Lite line fishing looks like tons of fun Mo. thank you for taking us along. I'm dying to go fishing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Very cool Mo! You've been on AT for a short amount of time, but you've made a big splash.
Thanks for taking the time to film your adventure... many more to ya!
Stay fishy,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Steve-O

Nice flick, Mo! Hard to beat a multi species trip like that.  Crappie are by far the best tasting panfish. Fun to freak out someone unknowing when they watch 'em cooking and go to curling up in the fry pan. ;D