NEVER TIE A KNOT AGAIN

Started by Dominick, May 29, 2017, 03:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I came across this contraption on the Grommet.  I find it interesting but way too expensive.  It might help with loss of dexterity.  Just click on the link.  Dominick

https://www.thegrommet.com/tauten?utm_campaign=weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_source=CC&trk_msg=P8G2H2LDPL1KJ95IQ1TO2KS0VO&trk_contact=VKMAMND8JROR7AOA9KH0IJ9BBS&trk_sid=TUCCPB7AJ14E5HBJA7NQUDSTC4
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

Looks fine for trolling,  maybe not so good for baits. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

And for 200 bucks I'd have to see how it holds up under salt water conditions.  I'd probably lose it after the first time using it.

whalebreath

LOL-What a load of codswallop!

Shark Hunter

Yea,
I'm not sure what codswallop means.
I consider it BS.
Life is Good!

oc1

I almost impressed.  The idea has potential but the non-knot is too big and a minute is too long.  It's the sort of thing that could become the norm with some refinement.
-steve

mo65

Obviously, the mechanics of the gizmo work quite well...looks to be a nice smooth connection.
The real test is the strength...which I can find no mention of.  ???

Wait, I stand corrected. Just saw where it mentioned joint doesn't decrease line strength. Also just saw it only works with 10-12lb. mono diameters, that leaves room for improvement.  :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Aiala

"...The head is designed for ~12 lb mono/fluoro and ~60 lb braid..."

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

philaroman

w/ a little modification, could it tie my shoes?

maybe, pick my nose & wipe my...

maybe some day I'll be able to just sit on my couch & drool, while my computerized boat goes fishing without me

conchydong

Bill B

Well, at least we won't have to "calculate" which knot  to tie anymore... ???   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Lunker Larry

Great isn't it, how the internet shows you what 'knot' to buy.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

bhale1

David Hall

Quote from: Lunker Larry on May 29, 2017, 05:59:37 PM
Great isn't it, how the internet shows you what 'knot' to buy.

To funny!

Makule

Saw some video testing the device.  More times than not, the connection made with the device failed before a good knot.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.