45mm knob change

Started by JRD, May 31, 2017, 04:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Alan,
I just got around to installing the new knob and have a question.  It seems you changed the design a bit.  The older style invited some discussion because it had the shoulder on the bottom of the shaft that held the knob up off the arm. I have 10 of the old style and love them.  The new style has the shoulder plus a thick collar which doubles the distance the knob is held off the arm shaft.  Any concerns now that the torque is increased by the collar?  The old style is on the right side, new style on the left.

Black Pearl

Quote from: JRD on May 31, 2017, 04:18:53 PM
Alan,
I just got around to installing the new knob and have a question.  It seems you changed the design a bit.  The older style invited some discussion because it had the shoulder on the bottom of the shaft that held the knob up off the arm. I have 10 of the old style and love them.  The new style has the shoulder plus a thick collar which doubles the distance the knob is held off the arm shaft.  Any concerns now that the torque is increased by the collar?  The old style is on the right side, new style on the left.

There is no problem at all. The new one is much stronger than the old style. My resource has a machine to test this knob. It handles much better than the old design.

Alto Mare

Hello JRD, I just want to mention that the new knob being taller is a good thing.
I have a few as well, I really like these.

I never had an issue with the older knob, but I'm liking the newer knob much better. The mounting screw and shaft is larger than the older knob.

There are usually two ways of mounting the shaft, one with a shoulder that sits in the mounting hole on the arm and one as flush mount that sits on top .
Personally, I'm more comfortable having the handle shaft sitting on top and not in the hole, unless the tip of the arm is really wide there.
Adam ( Motive Fabrication) has taking this into consideration, his arms would accept either design.
The new design is pretty much the same, the shaft extention at the bottom doesn't have much to do with  functionality, it is more for appearance than anything.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Thanks, Sa;. This new design is one of the best improvement.

Bobsled 55

Quote from: Black Pearl on June 03, 2017, 09:35:22 PM

Hello,

Any idea when you will have more of the 45mm knobs in stock?  I'd like to order the arm and knob at the same time.

TIA

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bobsled 55 on June 20, 2018, 10:43:20 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on June 03, 2017, 09:35:22 PM

Hello,

Any idea when you will have more of the 45mm knobs in stock?  I'd like to order the arm and knob at the same time.

TIA

Hi,

It will be few more weeks.

Thanks,
Alan

Bobsled 55

Thanks for the heads up.

Black Pearl

This item is back in stock now.

Marco450r

Where can i buy one of these knobs bought one of ebay keeps falling apart there is no bearing in it its ro tight then its start getting loose then it falls apart i need one of these knobs they look awesome

Swami805

Look in the for sale section in Pro Challenger. Lots of other parts of interest too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Marco450r on April 09, 2019, 07:40:12 AM
Where can i buy one of these knobs bought one of ebay keeps falling apart there is no bearing in it its ro tight then its start getting loose then it falls apart i need one of these knobs they look awesome
https://squareup.com/store/pro-challenger-llc/item/eva-knobs
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?