New AVET Grease "AQUA SHIELD"

Started by Wolli, June 04, 2017, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolli

any experience with the new grease used by AVET?

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

akfish

How did you find out this is being used by Avet? And when did they start using it?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oc1

I'll bite.  It says you can't even wash it off your hands and its made to be used under water.  I'm hoping that means it will no emulsify.
-steve

handi2

I thought I would try some purchasing from the link provided by Lee. The $20.00 shipping swayed me not to.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

I clicked on the 35lb option for $247 and shipping appears to be free. That would be a little over $7 per 16 0z.
Maybe someone could get it going and send out 16 0z to 35 members in a ziplock...no, I'm not the guy, I'm happy with what i've been using. ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

I found this site searching for this grease. It says Aqua Shield is a new name for Aqua Grease that has been around.

http://www.aqualubeky.com/grease/
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tightlines667

Quote from: handi2 on June 05, 2017, 10:18:02 PM
I found this site searching for this grease. It says Aqua Shield is a new name for Aqua Grease that has been around.

~$26 shipped for a 1lb rube isn't bad.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

farnorthlbg

No experience in using it here sorry mate

MSDS describes it as a Lithium soap base with a mineral oil lubricant (and no doubt with corrosion inhibitor additives and tackifiers) which puts it in the same category as many other 'general' marine lubricants (I dont know how they justify such a high price given that!).

My experiences with Lithium base marine greases is they will emulsify over time.

alantani

please tell me that that is not that tacky light blue stuff.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 05, 2017, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: handi2 on June 05, 2017, 10:18:02 PM

~$26 shipped for a 1lb rube isn't bad.

I'd pay that to ship any sized rube :)

Wolli

Do not know how long they have it in use. But already seen in a new reel i had four weeks ago for first service.
The German general importer send a sample. My first impression - throw it away.... but after some tests i`m convinced and bought a tube (30EUR, crazy.....)
Due to the gummy viscosity not recommended to apply with paint brush, easier to apply direct out of the tube.
I tested it on pinions and main gears in spinners and overheads. The positiv effect is it reduces gear noise much better than normal grease. A two year old Shimano 6000SW-B cranked hundert percent silent, and the noise in some older Daiwa spinners was reduced by 30-50pct (from feeling).
But its very important to clean the parts from any oil or grease. Otherwise it will not stick on the metal!!!

No worry, its easy to wip it off with a cloth from skin. (self tested)

Some more tests with different reels will follow during next weeks

Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

oc1

My problem is emulsified grease from the main gear and pinion riding down the spool shaft and getting in the bearings of light casting reels.  I want the grease to stay put and not contaminate everything.
-steve