Penn 9/0 Side Plates

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 06, 2017, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Quote from: xjchad on January 23, 2019, 10:58:39 PM
The spring would work that way if there was a small bend on the end of it

Yes that is what I am planning on doing making a bend at the end. I just ordered a few dog springs to see if they are long enough.

Alto Mare

I just received my set, Tom they look amazing.
The only way the new dog spring would work is the way Mike was showing it. I believe Tom did his homework on this one, it will work to perfection, with no alterations to the plate. The spring need to be a little stiffer that the stock spring though.

Not an easy color to match, but I think I got it

Very nice Tom,

Thank you!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

great color match Sal you nailed it.

Darin Crofton

Great match, Sal, are you going to use a silver frame?
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

steelhead_killer

Nailed it!  Stunning!

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 24, 2019, 06:21:42 PM
I just received my set, Tom they look amazing.
The only way the new dog spring would work is the way Mike was showing it. I believe Tom did his homework on this one, it will work to perfection, with no alterations to the plate. The spring need to be a little stiffer that the stock spring though.

Not an easy color to match, but I think I got it

Very nice Tom,

Thank you!

Sal
><)))">

Swami805

Looks great Sal, matches well with the plates. Looks easy for the 2nd dog, thanks for the picture. Need to scrounge something for a spring.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Thanks guys, but Tom deserves all the credit here. Everything he has been offering has been spot on.

Quote from: Darin Crofton on January 24, 2019, 07:48:20 PM
Great match, Sal, are you going to use a silver frame?
Yes Darin, I have a black on blue frame and a silver will go on this one.

The blue torpedo handle will eventually get remade, that was made a while ago and I think it could be a little large.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

That's gonna look sweet, Sal! I have the teal plates and going to use a black
frame because I have the black tiburon handle/knob, wish I had a black star too.

Alto Mare

Darin Crofton

Yessir, I love all of Tom's products, the fit n finish is spectacular!

sdlehr

Sal, I'm pairing the red knob you sent me with the black 9/0 plates that I should be getting in a few days. Pics coming soon.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Alto Mare

Finally got a chance to assemble the latest plates I got from Tom

Tom, these are perfect!...Thank you!

Sal

1badf350

Sal it's beautiful and your handle is perfect!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crow

Looks almost too nice to use !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Alto Mare

Thanks guys! Chris, I have a couple 9/0's this one is my favorite.

Sal