OH My Gosh! Quite Possibly the Best....

Started by ChileRelleno, June 06, 2017, 05:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Oh my gosh! 
I just prepared and ate, what were quite possibly the best tacos I've ever eaten.

I cut the corn off a cob and roasted it and some onion in butter, and set it aside.
Then I chopped up leftover CSR's and my glazed pineapple, added some Salsa Picante and heated it up.
Toasted a few tortillas, loaded the pork, topped with corn and drizzled with Sriracha Chili Garlic sauce.

I must've gotten the chemistry perfect, sweet, spicy and BBQ, each flavor so distinct, so good.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cor

Cornelis

STRIPER LOU

Oh Ya!

Kinda like an Al Pastor with a twist. Hope you saved a couple for me. ;D

.....................Lou

ChileRelleno

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on June 06, 2017, 06:04:21 PM
Oh Ya!

.....................Lou
Come and get'em, there's enough left for about 2-3 more.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Don't forget to write the recipe down.  I sometimes create a great meal and a week or two later I forget the nuances that make it great.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on June 06, 2017, 06:58:28 PM
Don't forget to write the recipe down.  I sometimes create a great meal and a week or two later I forget the nuances that make it great.  Dominick
LOL... Thanks, just did ^^^  ;)
Ragnar Benson:

steelfish

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on June 06, 2017, 06:04:21 PM
Oh Ya!

.....................Lou

surprise surprise, really cool that many US fellows know a lot about tacos hahaha

yep, that seems just like some Al Pastor tacos (less the corn), pineapple is the key for some brutal Pastor tacos
The Baja Guy

ChileRelleno

Quote from: steelfish on June 06, 2017, 07:39:14 PM

surprise surprise, really cool that many US fellows know a lot about tacos hahaha

yep, that seems just like some Al Pastor tacos (less the corn), pineapple is the key for some brutal Pastor tacos

Yep, every time I make Al pastor at home it includes pineapple, and if I have it, Achiote paste too.
My 'Bastardized Al Pastor' for example, http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17771.0
Ragnar Benson: