limit catch of 5 seabass on one drift in 4 minutes

Started by ksong, June 06, 2017, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I fished seabass with Capt Jimmy the Greek out of Cape Cod yesterday.
It was a silly fishing in shallow water (25').
I could catch a limit of 5 seabass on one drift in 4 minutes even I used jigs without adding any bait if I did not release them.
5 seabass limit with limited season is just rediculous.
I was testing new 6'9" Black Hole Callenger Bank 691UL (ultra light).

Donnyboat

Hi Ksong, nice work out, rod was handling them okay, thanks for showing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

conchydong

I have only caught them in my area (S. Florida)during one  two year period when the water temperatures were a little cooler than normal. They sure are good eating little buggers. I wish we had them consistently. Don't try to figure out regulations as politics generally prevail over science or reality.
Here are a couple of nice ones.

rjones

Quote from: conchydong on June 06, 2017, 11:31:08 PM
I have only caught them in my area (S. Florida)during one  two year period when the water temperatures were a little cooler than normal. They sure are good eating little buggers. I wish we had them consistently. Don't try to figure out regulations as politics generally prevail over science or reality.
Here are a couple of nice ones.

Head on up to Jacksonville, we get a good number of them through the winter and spring time.
Rob

coastal_dan

A favorite winter time fish, a blast to catch on party boats.  Great trips with coolers filled with fish!  Limiting out in 4 minutes though may not bode well for a 1/2 day or full day trip!  Maybe they'll start 2 hour trips, haha!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

ksong

I was not interested in seabass fishing, but I started to love seabass fishing after I discovered seabass love jigs.