Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mizmo67

I loved this one:

Exhausted little fellow.

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mo65

Unbelievable! Explains my inability to catch these buggers...even with my hillbilly ingenuity!  :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

I used to do the same thing to open a clam.  so I'm not impressed that a fish can do it too.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

sdlehr

Quote from: Dominick on June 08, 2017, 11:01:10 PM
I used to do the same thing to open a clam.  so I'm not impressed that a fish can do it too.   ::) Dominick
Yes, but to be fair we should compare the size of your brain to that of a fish. Anyone care to comment? :D

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

sharkman

Dominick

Quote from: sdlehr on June 09, 2017, 01:17:21 PM
Quote from: Dominick on June 08, 2017, 11:01:10 PM
Yes, but to be fair we should compare the size of your brain to that of a fish. Anyone care to comment? :D

Sid
Hey Sid we are not talking about peas.  ;D We are talking fish.  In other words all the fish I catch are stupid.  I might give up fishing.  After all who wants to deal with stupid fish?   ::) Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

If phones can be smart, why not fish!

Gfish

Fish can be "trained" to reject our offerings, too. Weather it's catch and release, hooked and got away, or something we are offering triggers some kinda "danger signal" to 'em(see you, see the boat, mabey see the line, etc., etc.)
Least "cautious" fish seem to be the ones that'er either feeding or have been feeding on somethin that you've been able to id. and imitate or simulate. If I can't find out what it is or where they are, I try to use my brain, which doesn't seem work so great and is usually has me guessing or checking my memory. Now and then I do somethin right(often unplanned), and it becomes a new technique for my memory bank.
Easiest fish 'er the ones ready to eat anything as long as you find a way to get it in front of 'em.
Toughest for me have been "educated" trout in catch and release waters. Unless everything is perfect, they'll just go on feeding in front of you, ignoring every adjustment you make. Lots a fun if you can get one though, and real ego boost!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

swill88

MarkT

Uh Dominick, I think he was talking to you!

It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence up against a fish and loses had it coming. John Steinbeck.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I throw out straight lines and no one picks up on them... Dominick

philaroman

try throwing out baited lines & they may get picked up

Rancanfish

This thread is full of straight men....where are the sidekicks?

Thanks for the vid, Sid.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

Intelligent tool-using fish.........makes one wonder when they're going to start trying to catch us.  I bet they could catch a bunch of my generation pretty easily.  Just cast a lure that looks like an Iphone up on shore.....
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of wise men. Instead, seek what they sought. -Matsuo Basho