Cannot find info on this Fenwick big game roller rod

Started by 1badf350, June 11, 2017, 12:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

My friend has an old Fenwick rod he's trying to rebuild. Its in horrible shape cosmetically. We were trying to find a picture on the internet to see what the original colors were.
It has the typical Fenwick logo. The info on the side says HMG IGFA G80 7'1" 80Lb class. In front of the first roller is a sticker that says Custom Rod. Rod is a very dark brown and full aftco rollers. It looks and feels like the old 660 80lb brown rods, but is slightly thinner.
We have searched the internet for a picture of this rod so that we have a reference for the restoration but are coming up empty handed.
So, has anyone seen a similar rod? Like a dummy i forgot to take pics of it.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Jeri

Hi,

I would hazard a guess that the HMG part of the name stands for high modulus graphite, so that might cut out some of their models, as they only made a few in carbon/graphite.

Cheers from sunny Africa

Jeri