Daily Double — Very Unusual

Started by foakes, September 27, 2022, 10:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

I have a friend and a client who I do reel work for — and also provide him with reels to fish the canals of Eastern Massachusetts.

He caught (6) Stripers last Thursday in the 36" to 43" range.

Caught a few more today —- including (2) Stripers brought in on the same lure!

Arbogast Scudder.

A 35" & 36".

He uses DAM Quick 550N's with 11' Lamiglas rods, and 40 pound braid.

He does C&R.

Nice to see the canals come to life.

Tackle handles the fish with ease.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

They have been doing very well with the bass this year in the north east region .  My brothers have been slamming them  . A lot of bait has help keep them around for a while also ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Nice! I like his tackle caddy, that's a great idea.
I got a 2-fer on a couple of Barracudas once. Nice when you find a school a feedin...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

Yeah, that rig on his bike looks like it would work.  I have something similar, with an egg crate-type box on top of the rear rack. Terrible old & ugly Mojave Gulch bike & I suppose a lot of people might think I'm a little peculiar (they might be right, but....)

Frank

Midway Tommy

Heck, I can barely keep my balance walking!  ;D  Retried the balancing act on one of those two wheel widowmakers 25 years ago.  >:D  It didn't work out too well so I decided never to try it again. Besides, Confucius say: "Man who ride bicycle run like he!! just to give arss rest!"  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)