tomatoes

Started by Alto Mare, June 11, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Just got my third plant in, I've actually had tomatoes up into December here.  Some years are funny that way.

Shark Hunter

I am waiting patiently for my crop.
We have hit a cool spell, I have plenty of green ones.
The time will come.
Life is Good!

David Hall

I also planted a passel of peppers, including poblano, jalapeño, Serrano and ghost peppers, need to find a couple habaneros to add into the mix.  Keep them carolina reapers though.

Army_of_One

Quote from: David Hall on June 27, 2017, 04:16:53 AM
I also planted a passel of peppers, including poblano, jalapeño, Serrano and ghost peppers, need to find a couple habaneros to add into the mix.  Keep them carolina reapers though.
I have some you can have for free!  Pick up only though.  I had a hard time finding habaneros early in the seaon, so I bought seed.  That took forever and I eventually found some plants and bought and planted them.  I now have about 10 plants and have reaped 3 peppers so far.  I don't know what I'll do with the res.  :-\
Another day in Paradise!

David Hall

Quote from: Army_of_One on June 27, 2017, 12:17:55 PM
Quote from: David Hall on June 27, 2017, 04:16:53 AM
I have some you can have for free!  Pick up only though.  I had a hard time finding habaneros early in the seaon, so I bought seed.  That took forever and I eventually found some plants and bought and planted them.  I now have about 10 plants and have reaped 3 peppers so far.  I don't know what I'll do with the res.  :-\

Okay where are you located?

Alto Mare

The very first flowers came off, maybe too much rain in the beginning.
After approximately 6 weeks it went from this:

To this:

Looks like things are moving along nicely.
Tomatoes are starting to show up:

and so are the eggplants and zucchini:

I'm guessing in two weeks I'll be eating tomatoes. These are grown naturally, by the way, just a little fertilizer during planting.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

I just had a flashback to when I was a bartender/sommelier in an Italian restaurant, almost 40 years ago.

The chef made an incredible eggplant Parmesan.

And I went out with a lot of waitresses.   ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mizmo67

3 years in the new house and I still have not started my raised/potted garden.
Sigh. Next year, maybe.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

STRIPER LOU

Sal, that's a great spot for growing you have there.
All that brick radiates heat, add water, and a green thumb, hard to beat!

With 3 acres, I have no garden. There are so many deer here one would need a fence 8 ft. tall.
Thank goodness farmer Joe's is right up the street. Man, there ain't nuttin like a homegrown tomato!

..................Lou

David Hall

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on June 29, 2017, 08:07:36 PM
Sal, that's a great spot for growing you have there.
All that brick radiates heat, add water, and a green thumb, hard to beat!

With 3 acres, I have no garden. There are so many deer here one would need a fence 8 ft. tall.
Thank goodness farmer Joe's is right up the street. Man, there ain't nuttin like a homegrown tomato!

..................Lou

Make that fence 8' tall and surround it with Rosemary,  deer will stay away.

gstours

Ive had no deer problems with my garden, and dont want to put up a tall fence.  This works good for me.  I call it my "Watchman". ;D

He/She also keeps the neighbors little dogs out of my yard! ;)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

David Hall

That would be a deterent.  Keep just about everything and everyone out of the yard.

gstours

Since mr scruffy wasnt always willing to sit in the yard all day ive even hired an alternate to protect my tomatoes.   Meet  mr. Big B. :o
     Everything seems good except when he poops.   Hence the name! :P