Hello from the Florida Panhandle!

Started by FlipFlopRepairShoppe, June 12, 2017, 03:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

Hi everyone, I'm a long time fisherman from a family of fisherman, but am just now getting back into the love of the sport (it's a good excuse to take apart old reels and refurbish them.)  I'm a huge Daiwa fan, and am really only interested in reels made prior to 1989.

My fascination with Daiwa spinning reels was started by my grandfather.  My grandfather's 4000c is apart on my bench for a much needed deep cleaning in the picture below.
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of wise men. Instead, seek what they sought. -Matsuo Basho

bhale1

FlipFlopRepairShop
Welcome aboard....lots to learn here!
Brett

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

I'm looking forward to learning about all kinds of new (old) reels!  I learned how to take down and service that Daiwa 4000c from a post a gentleman made on here with very detailed photos.  
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of wise men. Instead, seek what they sought. -Matsuo Basho

foakes

Welcome aboard FFRS --

Daiwas are good reels, particularly the 70's & 80's, IMO.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

I've recently sourced another older reel made by Daiwa, an Ocean Star No. 36.  Google has turned up surprisingly little about this reel, and I have not found anything about it on this site.  I've deduced that it might be a reel made by Daiwa for Holmar, because I have copies of pictures of both Holmar boxes and that particular Daiwa's box.  The fonts are the same, and the font on the the Ocean Star No. 36 is nearly identical to Holmar's King Neptune No.180.

I apologize if there is another place on the forum where I should move this post to. Please advise me, and I'll gladly delete it from here and move it to the proper section.

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome you are going to love it here :)

ScottOz

Welcome to the family. The learning begins.Scott.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!  Looking forward to learning from everyone.

Bill B

FFRS welcome to the family......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

biggiesmalls