I jumped the gun and double dogged my 12/0. Second opinion needed.

Started by TheReelShop, June 14, 2017, 12:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelShop

Quote from: TheReelShop on June 20, 2017, 10:36:48 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 20, 2017, 07:47:19 PM
They will be after you modify them for simultaneous engagement.
This was the last reel I did for a client.

Great Thanks Daron!!

Yea thats nice work Daron

I'm going to take the reel apart and do that. Do you know who might have a ss sleeve. Tom is out Sheesh!

TheReelShop

Thanks Daron for the SS sleeve. So I had to make some more adjustments to double dog on the SS sleeve. I realized there were differences in dog fitment since the SS sleeve has an extra tooth. But happy with the results.

Army_of_One

That looks really good!  You've gotten it down quickly.   :D
For others with the knowledge who see this, could we notch the secondary dog at the tip to catch on two teeth at once?  It might have to be made thicker to the tip, but seeing these pictures it almost looks like it is notched already.
Another day in Paradise!

TheReelShop

Quote from: Army_of_One on June 25, 2017, 02:15:12 AM
For others with the knowledge who see this, could we notch the secondary dog at the tip to catch on two teeth at once?  It might have to be made thicker to the tip, but seeing these pictures it almost looks like it is notched already.

I don't really understand what you mean? When you say secondary which one do you mean when referring to the picture (the dog on top or the one on the bottom).
For this project, both dogs are of different sizes, I trimmed like the others have done to allow for proper placement and dual engagement. These dogs were made for a 117L which I'm happy they were because 2 standard 12/0 dogs wouldn't work at least from what I experienced.   

TheReelShop

Quote from: Gfish on June 20, 2017, 05:18:01 PM
Remember the bridge plate's gotta be supported in part by the bakelite sideplate after you tighten down the bridge screws. Your material removal seems from the picture, not to be excessive at all, though.
Gfish

BTW I got the Baitrunner all built and ready to go.!

Army_of_One

Quote from: TheReelShop on June 25, 2017, 02:31:50 AM

I don't really understand what you mean? When you say secondary which one do you mean when referring to the picture (the dog on top or the one on the bottom).
For this project, both dogs are of different sizes, I trimmed like the others have done to allow for proper placement and dual engagement. These dogs were made for a 117L which I'm happy they were because 2 standard 12/0 dogs wouldn't work at least from what I experienced.   
The top one.  It looks like it could be notched to catch the tooth at the tip and the next tooth closest to the bridge plate screw.
Another day in Paradise!

TheReelShop

Quote from: Army_of_One on June 25, 2017, 02:41:45 AM

The top one.  It looks like it could be notched to catch the tooth at the tip and the next tooth closest to the bridge plate screw.

Oh I understand now what you mean. I notched the dog to fit like that. A little bit thicker and maybe it can grab two teeth at once. Clever thought there, having a total of 3 locked teeth!

Army_of_One

Quote from: TheReelShop on June 25, 2017, 03:13:37 AM
Quote from: Army_of_One on June 25, 2017, 02:41:45 AM

Oh I understand now what you mean. I notched the dog to fit like that. A little bit thicker and maybe it can grab two teeth at once. Clever thought there, having a total of 3 locked teeth!
If you notched it where I was talking about already, it doesn't seem like it was my idea.  ;)
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Lee made these dogs like 117's without the tail.
That notch is the way to go to make them engage simultaneously.
I believe you would break the bridge post before the dogs fail.
Daron
Life is Good!

George4741

As the example below? This is how a single dog engages two teeth on the 349 Mariner.

viurem lliures o morirem

Army_of_One

Quote from: George4741 on June 25, 2017, 07:12:48 PM

As the example below? This is how a single dog engages two teeth on the 349 Mariner.

Exactly!
Another day in Paradise!

TheReelShop

Quote from: Army_of_One on June 25, 2017, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: George4741 on June 25, 2017, 07:12:48 PM

Exactly!

That's neat

Gfish

Quote from: TheReelShop on June 25, 2017, 02:34:24 AM
Remember the bridge plate's gotta be supported in part by the bakelite sideplate after you tighten down the bridge screws. Your material removal seems from the picture, not to be excessive at all, though.
Gfish

Off the subject I know, but how long it take to reassemble the Baitrunner?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

TheReelShop

Quote from: Gfish on June 26, 2017, 03:46:33 AM
Quote from: TheReelShop on June 25, 2017, 02:34:24 AM
Gfish

Off the subject I know, but how long it take to reassemble the Baitrunner?
Gfish

First day I got everything sorted and determined what was missing, I put it all together in a day except it wasnt complete since some parts tool over a week to get here!. But its great!

TheReelShop

Getting spooled with 150lb Fins Spectra Braid

Then some topshot of 100lb Bullbuster!!

I ran some tests once spooled. I have Adam's drag insert kit. I was able to get 65lbs of drag and thats really over tightening. That is also pulling slow and with the rod straight. On the drag insert after the last CF washer I have two thick metal washers and the old original under main gear washer (I have the delrin washer now under the main gear that came with the insert kit). Anyone else get different numbers?