Okuma Makaira spinning reel

Started by Glos, June 16, 2017, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Ahh, understood; and in extremely hostile conditions if need be with this specific reel!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

conchydong

I think if you are tossing poppers to large Tuna and other heavy species than this expensive reel will be a good choice. I just don't do that because we do not have "large" tuna in my hood.

Glos

Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.

Rivverrat

Quote from: glos on August 09, 2017, 05:03:17 AM
http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/mks1.html
god bless Alan and YAY to Okuma

Okuma has been fantastic about making changes & needed upgrades on their reels. Some took a while like with the Andros 12 being released & it being a while before we saw any new ones.

I think this reel is great for those that have the need for it. However I think the Penn torque spinners will cover all I do & more..... Jeff

gstours

Thanks for the great pictures and information,n n its ok to be criticle ....The world can use more of it>  competition helps the consumer i think....  Well done Alan......now go eat another bucket of chicken n take a shower! ;D

Sluggo

Has anybody used one of these yet I'm considering  a spinning outfit for popping 

johndtuttle

Quote from: Sluggo on September 21, 2017, 04:15:30 AM
Has anybody used one of these yet I'm considering  a spinning outfit for popping 

The "10K" size would be decent for smaller models, but only consider the 20K for **very** heavy popping applications (like Cows).

I would be more inclined to fish a Penn Slammer III for Tuna to 150# than a Makaira. The Makaira is brutally strong for the toughest fish, but the Slammer or a Saragosa is more fun to fish on smaller models.

If you are dead set on a 20K I have one to sell you at a good price.