6' custom Black Hole Gaint rods

Started by ksong, June 21, 2017, 01:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

The 6' Black Hole Giant rods have been tested heavily for giant in 600 lb - 900 lb in PEI last 4 - 5 years.
Now it starts to get recognition from offshore anglers.
The blank weighs only 10 oz.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

gstours

More than Awsome,  Great work, rods,fish action.   Wow! :o

Dominick

Wow!  Good work.  Those rods seem like awesome rods.  10 ounces, wow again.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

I notice how the rod has twisted all the way around under that amount of pressure. Doesn't this render the roller tip useless?

Is the roller tip a double roller?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

RowdyW

It looks like two or three different rods were used. A couple of photos are acid wrapped rods without rollers.              Rudy

ksong

Quote from: handi2 on August 17, 2017, 11:09:51 PM
I notice how the rod has twisted all the way around under that amount of pressure. Doesn't this render the roller tip useless?

Is the roller tip a double roller?

Keith
The rods are spiral wrapped rods.

handi2

Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Quote from: handi2 on August 20, 2017, 02:55:52 PM

All of our bottom rods are spiral wrapped from Pinnacle Marine, John Volmer. 2 weeks ago my son had the boat out and had Grouper on that he could not get away from the wreck. Locked down drags on Trinidad's 40's, Makaira 20's, and Avet Raptors. The Amberjack above the wreck were no problem.

The rods are rated to 200lb test. It was the rods that were bent double.

Do you have a better rod for Grouper digging and getting them out of the wreck. They even used the boat during hook up with 300lb leader.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

ksong

It depends on how big grouper you target.  I use very light Black Hole Cape Cod Slow Pitch rods for 10 oz grouper. but I recommend Black Hole Cape Cod 450g rods for  bigger grouper. The 450g rods are used by commercial grouper fishermen in NC.

handi2

Thank you Ksong,

The rods we are using are rated to 450g. I will check out yours tonight.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

ksong

Even they say it is rated to 450g rod, there are totally two diffenent rods.