Daiwa Accudepth 17LC

Started by hurt locker, June 21, 2017, 05:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurt locker

This would be the Original Black Accudepth not the Silver/Gray model that came out afterward. A friend brought me 3 of them and ask me to go over them last week. So, when I opened the 1st one and I saw the Okuma forked trip lever I realized that the internals were all Okuma. On the 2nd one the anti reverse pawl kept jumping the ratchet gear and would back reel and the reel does not have an anti reverse bearing just a bushing below the star. So, I brought them home with me from Lake Erie and thought maybe the dog from an Okuma Magda 20LC might fix the problem. Turns out the handle drive shaft was wobbling and allowing the pawl to jump the ratchet gear. The Daiwa had an E-clip holding the driveshaft to the bridge and the Okuma had a screw and was much tighter and didn't wobble. The bridges and driveshaft were identical otherwise, so I replaced the whole Bridge/Driveshaft assembly and it corrected the problem. Kept the original drive gear and drag plates. Just thought I would mention it if anyone has the same problem.

hurt locker

If possible could this be moved ti Daiwa. Thanks. I have no idea how this ended up in the Newell threads. I am sure that I messed up. My apologies.

hurt locker

Here is a pic, the one on the left has the original bridge with the E-clip and the one on the right has the Okuma Magda 20 bridge with the screw holding the driveshaft in place

alantani

pretty classic chinese design.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

hurt locker

I see that now. Thanks. I have used Okuma parts to fix some Cabelas reels before, but this is the first time I have fixed a Daiwa with the Okuma parts.

Rancanfish

This was the inexpensive model of the 17 right?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

hurt locker

Yes, this was the very first model of the Accudepth. They were black and the newer model is Silver/gray.