STOLEN!

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 21, 2017, 07:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Some IDIOT just stole this reel from Fishermans Warehouse in in San Jose!

This is a Newell sideplate prototype for Bryan Young.
It is the only one blue anodized in the world.

Here are rough pics of the plates unanodized.

If you find this reel, and give me the IDIOT, I will pay cash reward.

If the IDIOT reads this, your only hope is to drop it off back at the store no question asked. I will hunt you down.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mizmo67

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on June 21, 2017, 07:12:27 PM
Some IDIOT just stole this reel from Fishermans Warehouse in in San Jose!

This is a Newell sideplate prototype for Bryan Young.
It is the only one blue anodized in the world.

If you find this reel, and give me the IDIOT, I will pay cash reward.

If the IDIOT reads this, your only hope is to drop it off back at the store no question asked. I will hunt you down.

Tom

This is just depressing :(
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Fishamen7

Damn that is a beautiful reel

I hope you get it back!

I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see it anywhere

Dominick

Tom this stuff makes my blood boil.  With any luck the sucker tries to use it and falls off a boat and drowns.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RowdyW

Maybe he will be on a smaller boat........dah dum dah dum........

steelhead_killer

Karma is a b*tch.  Karma never forgets.  Karma always get paid. 

Andy
><)))">

PacRat

I don't mean to pick at a wound but has there been any new information on this? There are a lot of us out here who would like to see justice served. How should we handle it if any of us ever spot it? For instance: If I were to see it for sale I would purchase it first (to secure it) then report it. But what if we were to see it being fished on a charter boat? I would assume protocol would be to take it up with the captain in private and let him decide how to proceed? Should we all be keeping a copy of this thread on our phones for proof and an explanation that this is a one of a kind and that it is in fact stolen? If this is true we need a new photo as PB has killed this photo. I hope this reel is recovered one day.
Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: PacRat on July 22, 2017, 06:14:56 PM
I don't mean to pick at a wound but has there been any new information on this? There are a lot of us out here who would like to see justice served. How should we handle it if any of us ever spot it? For instance: If I were to see it for sale I would purchase it first (to secure it) then report it. But what if we were to see it being fished on a charter boat? I would assume protocol would be to take it up with the captain in private and let him decide how to proceed? Should he all be keeping a copy of this thread on our phones for proof and an explanation that this is a one of a kind and that it is in fact stolen? If this is true we need a new photo as PB has killed this photo. I hope this reel is recovered one day.
Mike

Hello Mike,
Fisherman's Warehouse has reimbursed me for the reel. They handled this situation in a very professional, honest manner. I am very grateful and thankful for that.
I know that they have changed protocol regarding their line winding station to ensure this won't happen again.

I have a pic of the guy and his car that we think stole the reel. Because no one actually saw him take it, I won't release the pic. I don't think this guy is a fisherman, just a thief. The folks at the store got the pics because the dude came back a couple of weeks ago casing the counter looking for another opportunity. When they contacted him, he split.
If anyone sees a listing for it, please let me know.
I don't have any idea about what to do if you see this on a boat, except take pics, videos, etc. Chat the dude up for name, where he lives, etc. Get pics of him in possession of the reel!

Thanks,
Tom

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

David Hall

I'll go you one better Tom.  If I ever see this reel, I'll ask where he got it if I'm satisfied he legitimately purchased the reel I'll explain the situation and offer to reimburse him whatever he paid for it.  If I'm not satisfied, I'll snatch it away from him and beat him severely about the head and shoulders with it and then toss him overboard.  I do hope that one day soon it will show up somewhere.

Benni3

I like David hall  ;D x2

jnd1959

Since I'm a newbie, I don't know the geographical location. I fish the Texas and Florida gulf coast. I guess it could end up on eBay or Craigslist but I expect it's in some pawn shop locally.

I will be glad to step in if I see it.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: jnd1959 on July 24, 2017, 05:43:40 PM
Since I'm a newbie, I don't know the geographical location. I fish the Texas and Florida gulf coast. I guess it could end up on eBay or Craigslist but I expect it's in some pawn shop locally.

I will be glad to step in if I see it.

The reel was stolen in San Jose, California.
I agree that it is probably in a pawn shop. The Newell community is a small, tight community. If this does hit a
fishing site, it will be pretty obvious.

Tom

broadway

Sure hope we can find that guy... I have my eye on ebay.
Best of luck,
Dom

mizmo67

Did another search today but no sign of it on ebay live or completed :(
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Decker

Just an FYI...  whatever is said here is visible to anyone browsing the web, AT member or non-member:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fishermans+warehouse+stolen+newell+400&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS749US749&oq=fishermans+warehouse+stolen+newell+400&aqs=chrome..69i57.10366j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The thief is likely to see this conversation.  If you want to hide it, I can arrange that.  

/Joe