Alijos YT...

Started by Aiala, June 24, 2017, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Back home from my ROYAL STAR 7-day... limited out (15) on muscular Alijos Rocks yellowtail up to a personal-best 38 lbs... all but the first (flat fall) caught on my old-school 6/0 with straight 60# mono. Kicked my a** up down and sideways, but what a blast!  ;D  As always, Captain Randy Toussaint and his crew are the absolute class of the fleet, and the Blackwater charter folks were terrific, too. Can't wait to go again next year!  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

mo65

Congrats on a very successful trip!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

STRIPER LOU

Nice job Aiala. Sounds like they gave you a workout. The one's that ended up on the dinner table are the one's who took the whoppin!  ;D

.......................Lou

Swami805

Sounds like a great trip,very nice!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

Glad you had a great trip!
Life is Good!

Wally15

Sounds like a much better trip than our Excel "Alijos" trip last December  :'(
Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Aiala

Thanks, fellas... it really was one of the best trips I ever had, even with the tunas mostly a no-show.

Mike, I'm still ticked off about our utterly mediocre EXCEL trip. I'll never ride that boat again... or any other, for that matter. From now on it's the ROYAL STAR or nothing. And don't give up hope on Alijos... it's worth getting there, I promise!  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Newell Nut

Glad you had a great trip and got some sore muscles to boot. Ain't it fun?

David Hall

You do know the rules?
Pics or it didn't happen!

Wally15

Quote from: Aiala on June 26, 2017, 10:30:45 PM
Thanks, fellas... it really was one of the best trips I ever had, even with the tunas mostly a no-show.

Mike, I'm still ticked off about our utterly mediocre EXCEL trip. I'll never ride that boat again... or any other, for that matter. From now on it's the ROYAL STAR or nothing. And don't give up hope on Alijos... it's worth getting there, I promise!  :)

~A~

Alan has penciled me in for an Alijos trip late 2018. I WILL eventually see the rocks and cross that off my bucket list. Hopefully will catch a fish or two in the process. Utterly mediocre Exel trip is an overstatement. And I'm not all that difficult to please. Anne may differ on that last bit.
Glad you had a great trip. We had the same on the recent SoA to Guadalupe. Quality fish, not really quantity fish. And quality fisherpeople  :) Missed Alan not being on board, but still got to use his gear! Bryan and Ed were great subs.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Bryan Young

Quote from: Aiala on June 26, 2017, 10:30:45 PM

Mike, I'm still ticked off about our utterly mediocre EXCEL trip. I'll never ride that boat again... or any other, for that matter. From now on it's the ROYAL STAR or nothing. And don't give up hope on Alijos... it's worth getting there, I promise!  :)

~A~

What I don't understand with the San Diego Fleet, even if the fishing is better in local waters, they still want to go down to Mexico.  I'd be perfectly fine fishing local waters with less travel and more fishing time.  Do people who go on these trips are aching to go down to fish Mexican waters and that's it?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D