AMSC Reel Seat

Started by RTT, July 06, 2017, 04:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTT

Hello Gang

I need some advice on a rod that I just build.  The rod is a Rod Geeks X Comp 733 with a Fuji AMSC 17 reel seat and a Avet SX reel.  Here is the problem, the reel will pop out of the reel seat.  That is the rear foot (the one that is rounded) pops out.  Here is where I need some advice / help.   At this point it will be easier to change out the reel.  Can anyone recommend a small reel that would work well with this reel seat or it the AVET need to be modified.   I am still cannot figure out is it the seat the reel or just a bad combination.  Short term I am using a reel clamp on the beautiful AMSC exposed blank reel seat !!!!!

Thanks for the feedback,
Ray

thorhammer

what is your intended application?

RTT

I intend to use this as an "inshore" lite rod, for channel fishing for fluke (typically 8 plus oz in 100 feet)  and Striped Bass.  I did have the opportunity to fish the rod (with an old Daiwa reel); However the fish just did not corporate.  It did handle 6 oz like a dream.

The update on the seat is that I did contact AVET and was advise that I need a SXJ seat to work in my application.  I did order one and now await it's arrival.  Next time a build a rod I will check the reel and reel seat fit before I start.

Ray

RTT

Here's the update......
I ordered the SXJ reel foot and it works great.  The AVET team also provided great service.
Now all I need is the time to go fishing...
Tight lines,
Ray