Insert drag kits: All sizes

Started by Three se7ens, July 09, 2017, 05:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Im working on it, but I cant guarantee anything in the next week. 

I do have a new source for the drag material lined up, and it is a high quality, made in the USA material from a company that supplies many OEM's.  I will be working on getting all of my insert kits in stock in the coming couple of weeks. 

Caranx

Mackeral5

Hi Adam.  I hope all is well. Do you still anticipate having a 900h kit available next week?  Thank you in advance.

Marcq

Would this kit fit the Penn 114 black ?

Thanks, Marc..

Three se7ens

Quote from: Marcq on June 07, 2018, 07:47:36 PM
Would this kit fit the Penn 114 black ?

Thanks, Marc..

No, the black 114 is a different reel from the red 114H.  I may be able to offer it down the road, but first I need to refill my stock of all the other sizes.

sabaman1

I'll take 2 insert kits for 113h 4/0. Thanks
JIM

Three se7ens

Still working on drag material.  Pretty much everything with my drag kits is on hold until I get to test out the material from a new supplier.  Once I proof the material, I will have all sizes back in stock, and a few new fitments as well. 

I havent been entirely happy with the quality of the cf drag material I had been using, but I have high hopes for the material from a new vendor.  A big selling point was that they supply the drag material for a number of OEM's. 

xjchad

That's good news Adam!  Looking forward to using these!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Three se7ens

I just wanted to make something clear on these kits.  Ive been getting a lot of requests, and hearing a little through the grapevine about these kits.  Here is my current status:

Im running off the last remnants of old stock on all of my insert drag kits.  If I dont have it in stock now(which is barely any of the kits), I wont have any available until I get new cf washers made from the material Im working on sourcing.  Im expecting a sample pack in the next week, and will proceed with a full order after I receive and test the samples.  And then I will get the drag washers cut so I can have all of the sizes of insert drag kits back in stock, along with some new kits. 

I know its been a long time, but this will be worth it.  I appreciate your patience. 

bill19803

i  could use   two kits  for   115l

Bill

foreverfishing

Would love a kit for a Penn 16/0 118

mikeysm

Do you have any 114h kits.

Mike

Three se7ens

Just got back in town today.  Ill start having some of the drag kits available next week.  Still have a few pieces to cut, but I expect to have a handful of 113H and 114H/115 kits available next week.  The rest will be coming as soon as I get more of the drag material.

rjcast

I have a 116L 12/0 and would like to get an insert kit for it. Do you have any available?

canoecaper

Sorry to have taken so long.

See if you can find an AFTCO star.
Part of a two part handle and star drag pre-set system, sold definitely in 113H and 114H sizes.
I use the full system on my 113Hs but just the star and a Reel Colors articulating T handle on the 114H.
Star has six, repeat six arms and is 80mm (3 1/4") across.  Really the business.

Tiburon Narrow conversion, Beastmaster ringed rod clamp, Alan's high ratio SS innards and a truly brilliant Motive Fabrication stack.

Wish there was a SS version of this star, readily available.  No style, just honest grunt and controlability.
Wish the Reel Colors handle had ball races.  A minor beef.

If you haven't tried hollow spliceable braid, now is the time.
"Toro Tamer" goes down to 20lbs nominal.

Very best Rgds.
Malcolm Hayward.