Strpers 7-8

Started by thorhammer, July 10, 2017, 04:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Finally got on the water fully ready to roll on my own schedule. Most of the summer thus far has been in "entertaining mode"...which means I'm captain, cook, pack mule, guide, mechanic, yard man, boat cleaner, aka Head Heniey Wiper entertaining errybody but me lol.

Caught six and lost one Sat, got two more Sunday. Trolling two downriggers and two lead cores solo in the wind using umbrella rigs requires a lot of focus and agility...

Shark Hunter

Not too shabby for a Hiney Wiper. ;D
Life is Good!

Decker

thorhammer

Good eats. I love seeing the balls go right in the school...Got a double header to limit just when this storm ran me off the water....

STRIPER LOU

Nicely done John! I'm tellin you Bud, you need to try that red/white slope hd swimmer. It a killer!

Keep up the good work and all the best,  ..  Lou

thorhammer

Quote from: Decker on July 10, 2017, 04:21:50 PM
Chesapeake?

No, NC  lakefish at my little hole in the wall.

thorhammer

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on July 10, 2017, 04:24:39 PM
Nicely done John! I'm tellin you Bud, you need to try that red/white slope hd swimmer. It a killer!

Keep up the good work and all the best,  ..  Lou

Lou, I'm gonna pull it next weekend.

All, I didn't say earlier but I pull 330GTI's on Slammers for leadcore. 309's work but line guides  are too small for my leader double uni's. Daiwa 47H's on 7'^" Silstar LB sticks on the downriggers, 20lb straight mono. Great reels for this but I hate the knobs; am switching in my 310GTI's until I rule on knob replacement. I'll pull a Lou plug on this.

Lou, if I lose that plug in a tree (there are acres submerged at 45 ft) you gotta get that lathe dusty again!!!

mo65

Good fishin' John! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Man that looks fun and when the storm come in that's when the bite  :D

Bill B

Good work brother John....only water Im seeing these days is in the shower  :(   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!