Nep-Tuna reel cradle for Penn 146, 100, 27 & 180

Started by Enrico, March 10, 2018, 06:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrico

I'm looking for a New-tuna reel cradle for a Penn 146, 100, 27 and 180.  I'ver checked e-bay, but no luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can track one down?  I'm guessing it's not going to be an easy task to find one.

mikeysm

You are looking for a very hard one to find. When you do it will cost you. I look all the time and never seen on for sale. John Taylor is the one to ask.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I have an all original complete Nep-Tuna rod  for the 140 Squidder that is in great shape, ready to fish.  The only flaw is that the top of the top rear screw hole on the right side is broken out.  The rod is marked "Regulation 3 thread", "Mel Sanders".  It will fish 12 lb. beautifully, and could stretch to 15 lb.

As you probably know, 3 thread linen line is very light line for our So Cal species, and was only used here by the most proficient anglers in search of club buttons and records and recognition of elite status.  

Please let me know if the Nep-tuna 140 might work for you for $245.  If so, I would be happy to send you some good close-up photos.
Thanks,
Randy

Swami805

Man that's a unicorn right there.  Figures you'd have one Randy.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 10, 2018, 06:41:16 PM

I have an all original complete Nep-Tuna rod  for the 140 Squidder that is in great shape, ready to fish.  It will also fit the 200, 25, 155 and probably a few others.  The only flaw is that the top of the top rear screw hole on the right side is broken out.  The rod is marked "Regulation 3 thread", "Mel Sanders".  It will fish 12 lb. beautifully, and could stretch to 15 lb.

As you probably know, 3 thread linen line is very light line for our So Cal species, and was only used here by the most proficient anglers in search of club buttons and records and recognition of elite status.  

Please let me know if the Nep-tuna 140 might work for you for $245.  If so, I would be happy to send you some good close-up photos.

I also have a set of grey 25 side plates with grey spool that would go nicely with the silver Nep-tuna cradle.  And if your taste is a bit on the wild side, I have a mint set of red Squidder Accuplates that would be eye-popping on this outfit.

Thanks,

Randy

Enrico

Thanks everyone.

Randy,  I really am hoping for the smaller model, but I don't want to rule out your offer.  Pictures would be appreciated.

Mike,  I'm new to this message board.  Who is John Taylor I how do I ask him?

mikeysm

54bullseye is John Taylor. Randy is that a cradle rod? Also is the frame broke out or is the hole striped.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, the top of the hole is broken out. 

Enrico, I understand that you would prefer the narrow cradle. If you are unable to find one and are ready to take the 140, please let me know and I would be happy to take some photos for you.  I know that John Taylor has the 146 because I sent it to him last year, but I doubt that he will part with it unless you make him an offer that he cannot refuse

Enrico

Two cradle reels within a year.  You must have some good sources.  Keep me in mind if you ever come across the narrow cradle.