alan tani @ fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Neptuna penn 349 cradle
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
March 16, 2018, 10:11:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Neptuna penn 349 cradle  (Read 8043 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 05:42:59 PM »

It's an old silaflex stripped and refinished. Got very lucky as the blank was a perfect fit in the ferral.. Mike did a fantastic job on the handle too. Going to be one beautiful unit.
I'm thinking of using Diamond II finish, It's a thinner epoxy so I'll do the first coat light so the thread will show to give it a look of an old varnish finish. Never tried it and I'll see how it looks. Ant thoughts or expierince doing it this way would be appreciated. My hope would be a very durable finish that looks original.
I was able to find some period correct thread too.
Big Thanks to Mike for trusting me with this project, Always exciting to take on these restorations.
Thanks Sheridan

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »

I'm not going to fish it John it's for display only. But if I sell it they might try to fish it. At this point it will be a collectors item. It's not something that can be replaced easily. It was allot of work to get it this far. I like to finish it to show first. But I am looking for a new project just need to find something worth doing.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: