LIVE from ICAST: 1:30 PM PDT video hookup International VI's

Started by Tunanorth, July 10, 2017, 08:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunanorth

Penn

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tunanorth

David Hall

FatTuna

Do these new Interntionals use an anti-reverse clutch or do they use a quieter dog and ratchet? If it's an anti-reverse clutch, is there a backup anti-reverse?

Is the new 130 lighter at all? I'm thinking about selling my Shimanos and getting three new reels. I agree, weight is a much bigger factor in stand up combos. However,, I think that weight is also a significant factor in 80s and 130s.  My lower back sometimes kills after a day of moving combos back and forth from one rod holder to the next. A tide or wind shift requires constant swapping.

What about line capacity? One of my only complaints about the 130 VSX was that it holds less line than the Tiagra. Any improvements?

Tunanorth

Quote from: FatTuna on July 20, 2017, 08:52:55 PM
Do these new Interntionals use an anti-reverse clutch or do they use a quieter dog and ratchet? If it's an anti-reverse clutch, is there a backup anti-reverse?

Is the new 130 lighter at all? I'm thinking about selling my Shimanos and getting three new reels. I agree, weight is a much bigger factor in stand up combos. However,, I think that weight is also a significant factor in 80s and 130s.  My lower back sometimes kills after a day of moving combos back and forth from one rod holder to the next. A tide or wind shift requires constant swapping.

What about line capacity? One of my only complaints about the 130 VSX was that it holds less line than the Tiagra. Any improvements?

NO IAR clutch, just double dogs [triple dog on 130's].
Major percentage weight reduction on sizes up to 70, but 80's are 2 ounces heavier, with 130's 8 ounces lighter than V series was.
Spec capacity of 130VISX is 3085/200, with TI130 spec capacity at 2770/130.

FatTuna

Thanks for the info.

All of those specs sounds good. Can't wait to check one out.