Biggiesmalzzzzzz Ugly Stick rewrap not quite as ugly

Started by thorhammer, July 12, 2017, 08:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

When I picked up Drew's sharkin' rod rebuild he asked me to look at his Ugky Stick to see if it needed new guides. He have me a nice 505. When I took him the sharkin rod back he asked if the US need new guides. I said no, but you gave a jiggy to do it so its getting done.

I think it will pair well with his new 980.

Shark Hunter

Nice work Dog ;)
That is what its all about here.
Some get it, Some Don't.
Pay it forward. 8)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

biggiesmalls

Wait until you see pics of this rod with the 980 ;)

With any luck it'll be slaying blacktips and sandbars tonight.

nelz

Gonna have to change the name to Handsome Stick now. Nice work.

steelfish

Quote from: nelz on July 16, 2017, 07:59:49 PM

Totally agree

This rod needs a name change
The Baja Guy

biggiesmalls

Quote from: steelfish on July 16, 2017, 08:31:37 PM
Quote from: nelz on July 16, 2017, 07:59:49 PM

Totally agree

This rod needs a name change
Taking suggestions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

I had forgotten this rod, i found this thread hunting a post from Nelz....

We don't see Drew much on here now- he's in Engineering School at NC State, and has flipped most of his gear to pay for some business ideas. Very smart young dude. I need to text him but last we spoke he was doing well.

The Fishing Hobby

I'm glad you brought the thread back up because I hadn't seen it. That turned out nice!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

biggiesmalls

What's up y'all, long time no see. Good to see this thread pop back up, sold off a lot of gear but I've still got the Thorhammer.
Replaced the 9 with a 12, put it on the OG Thorhammer, and gifted it to one of my old tutoring students. He's still in Wilmington, he'll get a lot more use out of it than I can. I know he's taken it out a few times, hasn't gotten anything on it though yet.

I should be getting back to Florida this May, if I can get it down there I'll have to borrow the 12 and the OG rod for a few days.

John - I'll shoot you a text when I'm back up in Raleigh. I'm in Wilmy this week, Virginia the next, then back to Wilmy, it's been crazy. We've gotta catch up though, gonna bring that North Fork blank up let's try and throw that thing together :)

Hope everyone's been good :)

Rivverrat

thorhammer

Give me a shout in the next couple weeks. I'm traveling with work.