Who is the Penn International 50 go to guy or gal?

Started by steelhead_killer, July 12, 2017, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

A gentlemen from Alaska called me and needs a 50 serviced and drags replaced.  I would like to refer him to someone that works on them all the time.  Recommendation?

Thanks!

Andy
><)))">

johndtuttle

maybe check around in the International tutorials etc. Pretty sure there are some pros around :).

akfish

I live in Alaska and do quite a few Internationals -- but I just had surgery on my hand and won't be doing reels for a couple months...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Shark Hunter

The one that comes to mind is John, aka Tightlines, but he is in Hawaii.
Maybe Gary?
I'm not an international guy.
Lots of parts in those.
Life is Good!

josa1

I wouldn't call myself any kind of expert, but I've serviced and repaired a lot of PENN single and two speed 50s 50Ws 80s.  I've worked on the old Penn 50 through the VSX line and would be glad to do the reel.

Let me know if you're interested.

Shipping costs would be about $20.00 each way so that is part of the equation.

josa1

josa1

Second thought,  shipping to Hawaii would be the same as shipping it here using the USPS flat rate box, so maybe tightlines is the guy to do this little project.

I sold and shipped a reel to a guy on Guam and, other than having to fill out a declaration form, it was the same for me as sending a reel to anywhere else in the U S.

josa1

oc1

John/Tightlines seems to know those things inside out.
-steve

Tightlines667

You can send it out to me in a USPS flat rate box, and I can service the reel for your friend.  It may take me awhile (maybe 3 weeks?) though since I am pretty busy wirking on my boat and fishing this month.  Alternatively, you could send it to joss or take a stab at it yourself and we can give you any online help you m8ght need.  Send me a PM if you want to send it out here.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn

Quote from: steelhead_killer on July 12, 2017, 10:40:46 PM
A gentlemen from Alaska called me and needs a 50 serviced and drags replaced.  I would like to refer him to someone that works on them all the time.  Recommendation?

Thanks!

Andy

The option is always there to send direct to us.

tony

steelhead_killer

Thanks everyone!  I gave him some names and emails to follow-up on.  I have not done an International and I don't like to learn on other peoples gear.  I want to buy one to do myself.  Any recommendations on a model to get me started down this road?

Thanks!

Andy
><)))">

twotone

Try a 12H or a 20. They are reasonably price on the Bay. For me it was a good place to start before doing 2Speeds.

twotone