My last 8 Days Offshore Oahu

Started by Tightlines667, July 13, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Quote from: steelfish on July 14, 2017, 12:50:44 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on July 13, 2017, 11:39:12 PM
Buyers can scan the fish package with a phone app and see my story of the catch, and fisherman's bio.  They pay more to know the story behind the fish.

John

pretty interesting, first time reading something like this.

awesome trip by the way, on which part/zone are you fishing ?

since you are a Penn International guru, I though you were using some big international reels for those fishes

I typicallyfish zones 271, 272, and 273  S, SW, & W of Oahu, but we can fish pelagic pretty much anywhere around the main Hawaii Islands.  My friend developed the coop and associated app and website to offer more service and knowledge to Buyers, and promote responsible fishing practices.

Here is her website...

http://localiahawaii.com

She also has a Facebook group, and an app.

I am fishing Senators to test the inserts, and because I have trouble affording International 130s with all of my boat related costs/expenses right now.  I would rather fish gold 130 2-speeds, and am hoping to upgrade one day, maybe next year?

The Senators do get the job done though.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Cortez_Conversions

Awesome report John. Thanks for sharing!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

David Hall

That is a fantastic week, looks like your dad really enjoyed being out with you.  Life doesn't get any better than that.

thorhammer

The Inrs are sweet as you know better than all but I like that the big old girls are getting some burn on your sled.  It just looks right.

handi2

I'm assuming the way you are trolling and the gear you use you do not slow down when bringing the fish in.

Is this assumption correct?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tightlines667

Quote from: handi2 on July 26, 2017, 10:56:13 PM
I'm assuming the way you are trolling and the gear you use you do not slow down when bringing the fish in.

Is this assumption correct?

Keith,

Guess it depends on the situation.  I spend most of my time trolling, and I keep the boat going after an Ahi strike for a little while to increase the odds of multiple hook up.  Maneuvering the boat following a Marlin strike is altogether different.  I am not afraid to turn the boat immediately and ad throttle to help with a good hook set.  Most times I will likely catch the fish with the rid mounted in the shotguns.  If chasing a fish to gain line, I nice it to the front, but typically the rod being focused on will be dead center stern.  The shotguns make it much easier to handle a multiple hook up, and allow me to catch a good fish solo.  I have the fighting chair and standup gear if someone wants to get a little more personal with the fish.  I like catching smaller tuna on 50 class standup gear and will likely try to catch a few this way once they show up.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

The Great Maudu

Wow! Great report John. How could it get any better than living in Hawaii and having an offshore boat.

FatTuna

Great pics John. That's cool that your fish get sold locally. Boat is looking good.   

Tiddlerbasher