Main Menu

My first post

Started by bpayne97, July 18, 2017, 02:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpayne97

I found this site while looking for someone to pimp my old Penn 209 my dad gave me a long time ago.  He bought it when stationed at San Clemente Island in CA back in the late 60's.  He and I have used it some here in Texas in the surf but it has never had a good tug since I have had it.  Matter of fact it has just been sitting on a display shelf for the last 10 years or so.  I went surf fishing two nights ago with some good friends and it re-stoked the fire.  No sharks but did get a MONSTER run at about 5 am on one of our longest lines...about 500-600 yards out.  My friends son and his buddies also got two 4' tarpon and a good southern stingray which was fun.  Anyway, nice to see some cool fishing posts from around the country.  Thanks!

otownjoe

mo65

Welcome aboard! Go the Penn Tutorial section for modding ideas for your 209. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Benni3

foakes

Welcome aboard!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

It's good things and fun here. Welcome!

Steve

Shark Hunter

The 209 is sweet little reel. The levelwind adjustment has a lot to do with making it smooth.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16175.0
Life is Good!

jason_purdy

Welcome! Tons of great info here, but the people are even better.

-Jason

handi2

Welcome.

I have a ton of NOS 209 parts if ever needed. Well maybe a couple of pounds.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tiddlerbasher

Gfish

Ssssup! What others said beyond their greetings. It really is fun, informative, and an Ohana thing here. Bucket list fish: Tarpon!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

BP97 welcome....if you ever need help you dont have to yell...a gentle whisper will bring'em out of the wood works  ;D ;D....a better bucnh of friends you have never met are here....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!