Main Menu

Smoking Reel

Started by ChileRelleno, July 19, 2017, 01:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

I've heard of smoking reels.
Now this is one heck of a Reel Smoker!
Some questions do come to mind, single or two speed, max/working drag, meat capacity?

We could all pitch in and buy it for Alan, it's ONLY $4500.00  ;D

Check out the pictures of this badazz custom smoker.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/for/d/reel-smoker-grill/6216970505.html
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

David Hall

That's a smoker for a penn head for sure!

If we decide to buy it for the Chief I'm in!
Put me down or 100

Big Tim

Possibly a better link...very cool...I would pitch in for something like that, but shipping  :o

BT

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/for/d/reel-smoker-grill/6216975449.html

foakes

That Smoker looks nice -- but from a practical standpoint, has a few flaws...

A true smoker would need interior vertical angled baffle plates so that the natural upward draft of the smoke is recirculated through the meat 3 times before going out the stack.

That gold color will be a bear to keep clean --

Smokers are by nature dirty affairs -- grease, oil, creosote build up everywhere.

Best color is high heat engine paint in flat black -- unit can be pressure washed a couple of times a year -- then easily touched up.

That smoker is going to get beat up on the road -- minimum attachment points, top heavy CG, minimum springs -- made for show and not function.

Needs to be double wall construced at the body, and insulated, for proper temperature control.

I worked for a firm 5 years that built these units for commercial use, groups, non-profits -- this unit should be priced retail at about $2200 + a trailer, which would add another $700 to the tab.

Of course, one is paying for the novelty and conversation value.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.