Third party image hosting.

Started by TheReelShop, July 21, 2017, 03:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelShop

So I've noticed several people including myself who use Photobucket whose pictures have disappeared from the threads because we now have to upgrade our plans as it says on the replacement picture. I went to Photobucket to see about this upgrade and its $400!!! for us to host pictures now from them (third party image hosting). A little annoyed as our pictures as a whole serve a great deal on this site for all of us. Any one have suggestions and encountered this situation!!?

Shark Hunter

I downloaded all my photos from them and am replacing them.
A tedious process, but I know of no other way.
This happened a few weeks ago.
There are multiple threads about it.
Life is Good!

johndtuttle

Quote from: TheReelShop on July 21, 2017, 03:18:40 AM
So I've noticed several people including myself who use Photobucket whose pictures have disappeared from the threads because we now have to upgrade our plans as it says on the replacement picture. I went to Photobucket to see about this upgrade and its $400!!! for us to host pictures now from them (third party image hosting). A little annoyed as our pictures as a whole serve a great deal on this site for all of us. Any one have suggestions and encountered this situation!!?

As a temporizing measure you can download the files and then host them on Flickr.com or imgur.com

But I have been uploading just the images used in the tutorials here, gladly giving Alan ownership of them, and then you can have this site host the images for your posts.

TheReelShop

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 21, 2017, 03:27:08 AM

You downloaded all your photos from them (being photobucket) and replacing them how?
Quote from: johndtuttle on July 21, 2017, 03:31:09 AM

As a temporizing measure you can download the files and then host them on Flickr.com or imgur.com

But I have been uploading just the images used in the tutorials here, gladly giving Alan ownership of them, and then you can have this site host the images for your posts.

How do I go about this? I have a thread stickied and it will be a good while seeing which picture goes where...so how would I give him the pictures in the order for him to post? Or am I misunderstanding?

johndtuttle

Quote from: TheReelShop on July 22, 2017, 02:44:14 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 21, 2017, 03:27:08 AM

You downloaded all your photos from them (being photobucket) and replacing them how?
Quote from: johndtuttle on July 21, 2017, 03:31:09 AM

How do I go about this? I have a thread stickied and it will be a good while seeing which picture goes where...so how would I give him the pictures in the order for him to post? Or am I misunderstanding?

O no, Alan is very sick right now and it would not be for him to do anyways.

What we have been doing is uploading copies of the photos here and redoing our posts ourselves with links from our gallery here. Once the photos on on Alan's server he has them for the forseeable future.

I for one am perfectly happy with this. :)

josa1

Yes, just have to look over the posts about the problems, the solutions, and go about making the post repairs.

Glad to say that mine are all up to date, the photos hosted from Alan's site seem better, clearer than the ones we saw from PB.

A little laborious but in actuality, for me at least, a labor that is right in my wheel house.  Like to look at every one's posts and learn things.

josa1

Shark Hunter

You have to repost them yourself reel shop.
The first feat is getting them from photobucket to your hard drive.
Life is Good!

TheReelShop

Gotcha guys thanks I will see when I can work on this as like you all said can be tedious!

josa1

You can right click on the darkened photo, select properties from the menu shown, and find out a lot about the picture.

For me and my filing system  :-\, the number applied to the picture by my camera, is the picture's title.  

I only had one batch of pictures that I did not retain on my hard drive.  I uploaded the Avet JX Maintenance pictures to PB and then deleted the files from my hard drive.  I was able to retrieve the pictures from PB and I won't soon be making that mistake again.  I have so much space on the computer I use, even tho it's 8 years old, that I will never use, that there's no need for me to depend on others for my storage needs.  Like most, I only used PB, in most instances, in order to be able to post on AT's site.

Hope you're able to recover your pictures o.k.

josa1

josa1

Just tried this technique to view darkened photos again..Didn't work this time.  Guess PB found out that they could still be viewed and put an end to it.

josa1

TheReelShop

Damn!

I just transferred my pictures to my computer. When I go to replace them on the thread, I can only add attachment which is not favorable because the pictures load at the bottom of the post and not in between my narrative explaining the tutorial.

Any thoughts?

josa1

There been a few answers to your question posted.  

The process is:  Load pictures from your computer to the "Category (Read folder)" on the MyGallery spot on Alan's site.  Then transfer the pictures to replace the "darkened" ones.
Here is how to load pictures from MyGallery to your posts:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22378.0

Joe did a nice tutorial on how to set up categories and transfer your pictures to the site.  Look at it here:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22216.0

When you use the attachment feature, you can not put verbiage between the pictures, plus, you can only use that feature for up to 4 pictures in a single post.

josa1

TheReelShop

Quote from: josa1 on August 21, 2017, 10:09:07 PM
There been a few answers to your question posted.  

The process is:  Load pictures from your computer to the "Category (Read folder)" on the MyGallery spot on Alan's site.  Then transfer the pictures to replace the "darkened" ones.
Here is how to load pictures from MyGallery to your posts:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22378.0

Joe did a nice tutorial on how to set up categories and transfer your pictures to the site.  Look at it here:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22216.0

When you use the attachment feature, you can not put verbiage between the pictures, plus, you can only use that feature for up to 4 pictures in a single post.

josa1

I just finished uploading.!!!!! Everything is great. Thanks to you and everyone else!!!

ez2cdave

If you MUST use 3rd party hosting, IMGUR is excellent and FREE !